Last Updated: September 27, 2023
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
The following list of plugins are the plugins I use in all my projects. Some of these plugins are currently used in this blog. Most are free open source plugins found in WordPress repository. A few plugins are commercial plugins I recommend.
First Time Blogging Revision Update Tutorials:
- First time blogging using WordPress
- WordPress Plugins Compatibility
Best WordPress Plugins For Blogs
Some of the plugins below have been tested with the current WordPress version 6.3.1. I have not done an extensive test with all plugins. In regards to some plugins, the community have reported that they work with the latest version. If I find any issues or the issues are reported in the wordpress.org site, I will also share it here for you to know.
The following URL Release Archives shows you all the versions released by WordPress since the beginning.
I only add the plugins that are well supported, are continually updated, have no security issues and they receive prompt replies by the developers or other WordPress community supporters. If you find a plugin added to the list and it is contrary to the above, it is because the plugin still works well, does what is meant to do and it does not represent a security issue.
WordPress Plugins Legend
WordPress Version Legend:
- Current Version: Navy Blue colour, these plugins are compatible with the current stable versions 6.3, 6.2, 6.1, 6.0 and 5.9.3. Note: I don’t recommend older versions of WordPress. You should update to the latest version as soon as possible.
- Development Version: Royal Blue color, these plugins are compatible with Alpha, Beta and RC versions. Current development version 6.4 Alpha.
- Red information, extra information on individual plugins for your own interest.
Information: Remember not to have too many plugins added to your website. The more plugins you add the more request and processing resources your site requires to use from your server.
Please read the following link Help Support WordPress Plugins And Themes Developers to help support the developers.
- Plugin Tests = This tool can be used to test if the plugin works with the latest WordPress version.
- Jetpack Protect = Jetpack Protect is a free security plugin for WordPress that scans your site and warns you about vulnerabilities, keeping your site one step ahead of security threats and malware.
WordPress Plugins List
Note: If you don’t know how to install a plugin, please click on the following URL How To Install WordPress Plugins.
- Audio Player
- Broken Link Checker
- Business Directory
- Contact Forms
- Custom CSS
- Data Tables
- Debug Troubleshooting
- Event Organizer
- WP Insert Snippet Plugins
- Optimize CSS And JS
- Optimize Database
- Optimize Images
- Pricing Tables
- RSS Feed
- Shopping Cart And eCommerce
- Slideshow And Image Display
- SMTP Mailer
- Social Network
- Social Sharing Buttons
- SSL Checking
- Online Visitors Statistics
- Taxonomy Filtering
- Tracking Code
- Visual Editor
Recommended Troubleshooting Steps
Some plugins and themes may not be compatible with the current version of WordPress. It is recommended that you create a backup before you upgrade any plugins or theme. I always recommend to have a development testing platform in place. For example: If you are using Windows you can set up Xampp locally. This helps you test your plugins and themes. Also, using a development testing platform will reduce the possibility of running into major issues in your live site.
The following links can help you troubleshoot many issues you might run into when updating WordPress.
- Install the following plugin Better Plugin Compatibility Control. This plugin will let you know if your plugins are compatible with the latest WordPress version.
- Install the following plugin Health Check plugin and find out what is going on in the background of your site.
- Click the following link enabling WP_DEBUG to learn how to enable wp debug option.
- Click the following link forum post. This post was shared by one of WordPress administrators.
This list will change from time to time and it will grow with more plugins added. Please keep coming back to review the changes and additions.
If you have a questions please let me know