Website Design Tools And Utilities posts provides a list of website design tools, utilities and more that will help you develop websites and more.
Last Updated: July 14, 2023
Latest News: Updated the information.
KompoZer is a good HTML open source editor that I am very fond off. When I first started learning HTML and CSS I used KompoZer. (Unfortunately it looks like they stopped this project.) Good news, SeaMonkey Composer works like KompoZer.
Website Design Tools
CMS “Content Management System”
- Joomla : Is one of the world’s most popular open source CMS.
- WordPress: This is my preferred CMS and the one I use for all my projects. You can create beautiful websites and blogs. I like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. You can check my wordpress tutorials to help you get started.
HTML and “WYSIWYG” Editors
- Kompozer: Is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.
- BlueGriffon: Is a new WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web. Powered by Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox, it’s a modern and robust solution to edit Web pages in conformance to the latest Web Standards.
HTML, PHP and other languages editors
- Pspad: Is a freeware programmer’s editor for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
FTP “File Transfer Protocol”
- Filezilla: Is one of the best free FTP solutions in the market. Both a client and a server are available. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License
I hope the list above helps you with your projects.
If you have any question please let me know. I will update this list from time to time so make sure you visit this page again.