WP CataBlog Plugin tutorials contains a list of simple to advance tutorials for novice and advance users to help you mange CataBlog
Last Updated: November 25, 2019
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
CataBlog is a very simple and easy to use WordPress Image plugin that allows you organize your photos and images. You can organize your images in two different ways, in galleries and categories.
Think about it like this, you have a website about mobile phones. There are 100’s of different models and all have different images or photos. How would you organize so many photos?
The following is an example of how you could set up your images.
- Galleries = Mobile Phones.
- Categories = Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry, Kogan, iPhone and more. Remember that each brand has many different models.
Another advantage about CataBlog is that it allows you to sell your products online through PayPal. This means that you have a plugin that organizes your items and allows you to sell your items as well. It’s like having two plugins in one, an image organizer and a shopping cart.
Zach is planning to add more features in the future. As these features are implemented in new releases I will also be updating any tutorial to reflect the new features added. I will aso keep adding more tutorials to help you better understand how CataBlog works.
CataBlog 1.7.0 changelog.
- New: Replace Multiple Image Flash Uploader with a new HTML5 Uploader.
- Fix: Fatal error with newer versions of wp_unique_term_slug().
- Fix: Non-fatal errors and deprecation warnings.
What You Need:
- CataBlog plugin.
WP CataBlog Plugin Tutorials
- Admin Menu Options = This post shows you the different options available in the admin menu. This allows you to set up, create and manage your catalogs and shopping cart.
- Add New Library = This post shows you how to upload new images to your library and edit the details and more.
- How To Edit CataBlog Templates = Shows you how to edit a template, create new templates for your catalogs, and your shopping cart and much more.
- Create CataBlog Gallery Basic Tutorial = Shows you how to create a gallery and assign images to the gallery and much more.
- Create CataBlog Categories Basic Tutorial = This shows you how to create catablog categories so you can group your images into different categories.
- Options Part One = This post shows you how to set up the plugin’s options in the admin menu. They are very straight forward and easy to set up. This post talks about the following options Thumbnail, Lightbox, Public and Navigation.
- Options Part Two = This post shows you how to set up the following Options in part two tutorial The Link, Description, Import, Export and Systems.
- Enable CataBlog Lightbox Effect For Images = This post shows you how to enable lightbox effect to show your images or photos.
- Options Export = This post shows you how to export your settings so you can backup and protect your work.
- Using Basic CataBlog Shortcodes Tutorial = This post shows you how to use parameters in shortcodes to display and organize your images in a post or page.
- Using Basic CataBlog Shortcodes Part Two = This post is an extension from the previous shortcode tutorial. This post shows you more shortcode parementers options.
- Display Images Using Columns = This post shows you how to add columns to your CataBlog items in your website.
Shopping Cart Tutorials
- How To Setup A Shopping Cart Using CataBlog = This post shows you how to configure your items and add a price value so that you can sell your items using PayPal payment gateway.
- Shopping Cart Goods Value Options = This post shows you some cool features that you can add to the CataBlog shopping cart.
- Shopping Cart Variation Control = This is an advance tutorial for the shopping cart. It shows you how to set up a variation control for your products.
- Shopping Cart Template = This is an advance tutorial that shows you how to create different templates for different items.
- Lightbox Title Permanently Displayed Tutorial = This post shows you how to permanently add a Title to your images while viewing then on the browser.
- Add Quantity Product Website = This post shows you how to add the quantity for your items in your website.
- Add Video To Description = This post shows you how to add a video shortcode to your CataBlog item description.
- Integrate Catablog Into Your Theme = This post shows you how to integrate Catablog into your theme using two files.
- Custom Display CataBlog Items In Suffusion Theme = This post shows you how to customise the display of your items in Suffusion or Suffusion child theme.
- Different Size Thumbnail Images = This tutorial shows you how to create different size thumbnail images for your catalog.
- Responsive Settings = This tutorial helps you set up your categories, galleries and all images to be responsive. This is very important for mobile devices like mobile phones and tablets.
- Move Meta Text To Right Side LightBox = This post shows you how to move the Title and Meta text to the right side of the slideshow.
- Troubleshooting CataBlog = This post will help you resolve some of the most common troubleshooting questions asked about CataBlog in the forum.
This list will grow and it will be updated from time to time. So make sure you keep coming back to check on the latest.
If you have any questions or suggestions please send me an e-mail.