CataBlog tutorials contains a list of simple to advance tutorials for novice and advance users wishing to learn new skills and help you develop your manage CataBlog Plugin.
Last Updated: February 12, 2018
Latest News: I have added more information to this post.
CataBlog is a very simple and easy to use WordPress Image plugin that allows you organize all your photos and or images. You can organize your images in various ways i.e. galleries and categories.
Think about it like this, you have a website about mobile phones. There are 100s of different models and all have 100s of different images or photos. How would you organize so many photos.
You could set up your images as follow:
- Galleries = Mobile Phones
- Categories = Samsung, Nokia and iPhone. Remember that each brand has many different models.
Another advantage of CataBlog is that it allows you to sell your products through PayPal. This means that you have a plugin that organizes and allows you to sell the items.
Zach is planning to add more features in a future release. As these features are implemented I will also be updating any tutorial that talks about these features. I will aso keep adding more tutorials to help you better understand how CataBlog works.
CataBlog 1.6.7 changelog.
- Fix: Use PHP5 syntax to define CataBlogWidget’s constructor method
What You Need:
- CataBlog plugin.
- Admin Menu Options = This post shows you the different options in the admin menu you can set up to create and manage your catalogs and shopping cart.
- Add New Library = This post shows you how to upload new images to your library and edit the details and more.
- How To Edit CataBlog Templates = Shows you how to edit a template, create new templates for your catalogs, and your shopping cart and much more.
- Create CataBlog Gallery Basic Tutorial = Shows you how to create a gallery and assigned some images to the gallery and much more.
- Create CataBlog Categories Basic Tutorial = This shows you how to create catablog categories so you can group your images into different categories.
- Admin Menu Options Part One = This post shows you how to set up the plugin options in the admin menu. They are very straight forward and easy to set up. This post talks about the following options Thumbnail, Lightbox, Public and Navigation.
- Admin Menu Options Part Two = This post shows you how to set up the following Options part two The Link, Description, Import, Export and Systems.
- Enable CataBlog Lightbox Effect For Images = This post shows you how to enable lightbox effect to show your images or photos using a lightbox effect.
- Options Export = This post shows you how to export your settings so that you can backup and protect your work.
- Using Basic CataBlog Shortcodes Tutorial = This post shows you how to use parameters in shortcodes to display and organize your images in a post or page.
- Using Basic CataBlog Shortcodes Part Two = This post is an extension from the previous shortcode tutorial. This post shows you more shortcode parementers options.
- Display Images Using Columns = Display Images Using Columns shows you how to add columns to your CataBlog items on your website.
Shopping Cart Tutorials
- How To Setup A Shopping Cart Using CataBlog = This post shows you how to configure your items and add a price value so that you can sell them using PayPal.
- Shopping Cart Goods Value Options = This post shows you some cool features that you can add to the CataBlog shopping cart.
- Shopping Cart Variation Control = This is an advance tutorial for the shopping cart. It shows you how to set up a variation control for your products.
- Shopping Cart Template = This is an advance tutorial that shows you how to create different templates for various items.
- Lightbox Title Permanently Displayed Tutorial = This post will shows you how to permanently add a Title to your images while viewing then on the browser.
- Add Quantity Product Website = This post shows you how to add the quantity for your items in your website.
- Add Video To Description = This post shows you how to add a video shortcode to your CataBlog item description.
- Integrate Catablog Into Your Theme = This post shows you how to integrate Catablog into your theme using two files.
- Custom Display CataBlog Items In Suffusion Theme = This post shows you how to customise the display of your items in Suffusion or Suffusion child theme.
- Different Size Thumbnail Images = This tutorial shows you how to create different size thumbnail images for your catalog.
- Responsive Settings = This tutorial helps you set up your categories, galleries and all images to be responsive. This is very important for mobile devices like mobile phones and tablets.
- Move Meta Text To Right Side LightBox = This post shows you how to move the Title and Meta text to the right side of the slideshow.
- Troubleshooting CataBlog = Troubleshooting CataBlog post will help you resolve some of the most common troubleshooting questions asked about CataBlog.
This list will grow and it will be updated from time to time. So make sure you keep coming back to check on the latest.
If you have any questions or suggestions please send me an e-mail or leave a comment.