WordPress Simple Membership Plugin shows you how to easily create a membership website and add various membership levels using this plugin.
Last Updated: April 18, 2019
Latest News: I update the information below.
Simple Membership plugin is a simple powerful membership plugin. There are few settings to configure and set up the plugin. The developers keep adding more features from time to time. There are free and paid add-ons you can use to add more usability and functionality to the plugin.
The developers keep adding more free and paid add-ons from the request made by users. This is an advantage for the user.
This plugin will keep on growing but the main focus will be to keep it simple for users. It also has a great support staff available who are constantly answering the questions asked in the forum.
WordPress Simple Membership Plugin
The following list of tutorials will guide you and help you set up your membership site. There is also a troubleshooting post to help you with some of the issues you might run into.
Simple Membership 3.7.8 Changelog
- Added a new feature to allow forwarding of the payment notification to an external URL. This option can be found in the “Advanced Settings” of the plugin.
- The “Forgot Password?” translation string in the login form will allow the “?” character to be translated/customized.
- Fixed a PHP7 related warning.
- Updated some translation strings.
- Corrected an spelling mistake.
To Do List:
- Add HTML email option. See the following forum post.
- Create a discount coupon addon. See the following forum post.
- The developers are planning to add an option that allows you to unsubscribe the members from the MailChimp and Aweber list if they unsubscribe from the site and they wish to be removed from the mailing list.
- A prompt in the members homepage (visible once logged in), when their membership is about to run out (say 30 days before). This would only be visible until they renewed, then reappear in 30 days time. See the following forum post.
- Limit Username to one login at a time. The developers are looking at developing an addon. See the following forum post.
Possible future addon:
- I was wondering if you have any thoughts of developing an addon that allows one member to belong to different membership levels? = Yes, the developers will add this feature sometime in the future.
Currently Not Supported:
- Content dripping is not a currently supported feature. See the following forum post.
Q1 = GDPR compliance question. Does simple membership plugin store the data of the users or members anywhere else other than on the own WP-System? This is an important part of the new guidelines of the GDPR.
Answer: The members information (that they enter) is stored ONLY in your site’s database. Nothing is ever sent to anywhere else by this plugin.
What You Need:
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List:
- Membership Levels
- Email Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Members Login Widget
- Join Us Page
- Hide Adminbar
- MailChimp Integration Setup
- After Login Redirect add-on
- Form Builder
- Custom Message Add-on
- Free Level Setup
- Shortcode List
- Add Members Manually
- Make Site Semi Private
- Data Exporter Addon
- Install Simple Membership Plugin In WordPress Multisites
- Show Member Extra Info
- WooCommerce Addon Settings
- Add BuddyPress Signup Users To Simple Membership Members
- Partial Section Protection Addon
I will be adding more information and more tutorials in the future. So make sure you bookmark this page and keep coming back for the latest.
Note: You might be interested in checking the following URL Simple Membership Plugin Comparison Check With eMember. This will help you determine which plug is best for you.
If you have any questions please let me know.