WP Simple Membership Plugin Show Member Extra Info shows you how to add extra fields using shortcodes to display members extra data.
Last Updated: September 13, 2017
There are times when you might want to display extra data for your members when they log in to view their profile for example. In this tutorial you will learn just that.
For example what if you wanted extra fields displayed in your members profile like last access IP address, or member since information. There are many more fields that you can add on the profile page or a different page of your choice.
You could even create a page with the first and last name of the members in your site if you don’t have too many members. If you have lots of members, this method would not work for you. I suggest that you purchase the addon mentioned at the end of this tutorial.
WP Simple Membership Plugin Show Member Extra Info
Step 1 ) Download, install the addon mentioned above and make sure you activate the addon.
Step 2 ) Click on the following URL different column names to know all the different column names available to add to the shortcode.
Step 3 ) The following image shows you the different shortocodes added to the membership profile page. This page was created by default when you first installed the plugin.
Note: Your profile URL might be different. To learn more about pages settings, click on the following URL WordPress Simple Membership Settings.
Member Extra Shortcode Added
- Default page created by the plugin = /membership-join/membership-profile/
- Default profile shortcode = [swpm_profile_form]
- Member Since: [swpm_show_member_info column=”member_since”]
- Last Access From IP Address: [swpm_show_member_info column=”last_accessed_from_ip”]
Other members Displayed
- Other member displayed = [swpm_show_member_info column=”first_name” member_id=”11″]
Step 4 ) The following image displays the members extra information in accordance to the shortcode added above. This information is displayed in the members profile page.
Extra Details Displayed
- Member Since = 2016-10-20
- Last Access From IP Address = ::1
- Other members = Bob
Note: The other member displayed was added for you to see the different information that can be added using different shortcode columns mentioned in Step 2 ) above.
Step 5 ) If you add a shortcode and it does not display any information or it simply displays the shortcode, try the following.
- Make sure the page or post is not protected for a different membership level.
- Make sure the shortcode does not have improper double quotes added.
- Make sure that addon is current and active.
- Do you have a cache plugin that might be interfering with the addon.
The above are just some basic troubleshooting tips. If the above does not work please create a support ticket in the support forum.
Alternative you might want a more professional look and some fancy display. Please click on the following addon URL simple-membership-member-directory-listing-addon.
That is all you need to do to add extra information for members.
Click on the following URL Troubleshooting to continue with the settings.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List: