WordPress Simple Membership Add Members Manually shows you how to add new members to your site manually.
Last Updated: April 2, 2018
Latest News: I have added more information to the tutorial.
There are times when you might have a list of members you wish to add to your site manually. The following instructions shows you how to add new members to your site manually without having to register the members via the front page registration form. These instructions are very simple to follow.
Note: When you create an account manually from the admin end and later you want the user to pay for a subscription, make sure the user logs into his/her account then pay for the subscription using the subscription button created inside the plugin.
If you want you can also import members from a CSV file. Click on the following URL simple-membership-bulk-import-member-data-csv-file to learn more.
WordPress Simple Membership Plugin Add Members Manually
Step 1 ) Go to WP Membership -> Members to start adding new members manually and it also allows you to manage members already added. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image Add Members shows you the default fields you can fill out when adding new members.
Note: Username, E-mail and Password are required fields.
- Username (required)
- E-mail (required)
- Password (twice, required) = Hint: The password should be at least seven characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ & ).
- Account Status
- Membership Level = This will show all membership levels currently available in your site. These are the membership levels you have created. Note: You might want to read more about adding membership levels to your site.
- Access Starts = This will show you a calendar.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Member Since
Step 2-a ) The following image Account Status allows you to select the status for the current account. There are four different status available for the membership account.
Membership Account Status
- Pending = Note: Setting the account to Pending allows you to manually approve the members. Check the following URL manually-approve-members-membership-site to learn more.
Step 2-b ) The following image Access Starts allows you to select the date the membership will begin for the new member. The calendar makes it very easy to add a start date for your member.
Step 2-c ) The following image Member Since allows you to set up the period the person has been a member of your site.
Members Added Manually
When members are added manually to your membership site they are also added to WP Users. It is important to keep this in mind, it will help you understand when you enable other features of the plugin.
For example: If you decide to enable hide Adminbar in the Settings, you will also need to know what role is assigned to each member added.
The following is an example of adding two members to your site and assigning two different User roles.
Step 3 ) The following image Members displays members added to the website. Once you have members added to your site you can organize how to search or view the members list. In the following list 2 members are added and are active.
- test1 = this member belongs to Free Membership level.
- manu = this member belongs to Admin Access Level.
Step 4 ) The following image Users -> All Users displays the 2 members added above in WP Users admin area.
- manu = this user has an Administrator role.
- test1 = this user has a Subscriber role.
The following describes what happens every time you add members to the website and assigned one of the following membership levels.
- Free Membership Level = these members are assigned to the Subscriber user role in the site.
- Admin Access Level = these members are assigned to the Administrator user role in the site.
Note: In your case you might have multiple membership levels and assigned different User roles to each membership level.
That is all you need to do to add new members to your site manually.
Click on the following URL Make Site Semi Private to continue with the settings.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List: