WordPress Simple Membership Advanced Settings shows you how to setup features in the advanced settings and check add-ons settings.
Last Updated: January 10, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
Simple Membership plugin continues to grow and the developers continue to add more functionality. Some added features have been added to the Advanced Settings tab. Some of the other tab functions have been moved to this tab. This publication will show you how to configure the advanced options for managing your membership site. As these settings are advanced, you should pay more attention when activating these options. Be sure to check the settings before saving the changes.
The following settings will show you how to Enable Expired Account Login, Membership Renewal URL and more.
WordPress Simple Membership Advanced Settings
Step 1 ) Go to WP Membership -> Settings -> Advanced Settings as illustrated in the following image to set up the following options.
- Enable Expired Account Login
- Membership Renewal URL
- After Registration Redirect URL
- Enable Auto Login After Registration
- After Logout Redirect URL
- Logout Member on Browser Close = (Note: Enable this option if you want the member to be logged out of the account when he closes the browser. Check the following URL automatically-logout-members-browser-closure-force-member-logout for more information.)
- Allow Account Deletion = Check Step 1-a ) below for more information.
- Force Strong Password for Members = (Note: This feature makes sure your members enter a strong password when registering as a member.)
- Use WordPress Timezone
- Auto Delete Pending Account = Check Step 1-b ) below for more information.
- Admin Dashboard Access Permission = Check Step 1-c ) below for more information.
- Force WP User Synchronization = (Note:This feature was added to make sure that when users log out of the WP user system, they will also be logged out of the simple membership system. When they log into the WP User system, they will also be logged into the simple membership system.)
- Payment Notification Forward URL
Allow Account Deletion
Step 1-a ) When you enable Allow Account Deletion, the member will be able to delete their account when they view their profile. The Delete Account link can be found underneath the Submit button in the profile page. See image below.
(Note: If it is a PayPal subscription account, the member has to also delete the subscription from their PayPal account. For Stripe subscriptions, it deletes their Stripe subscription when they click on the Delete Account button. The following forum post has more information. )
Auto Delete Pending Account
Step 1-b ) The following image Auto Delete Pending Account allows you to select from the following options.
Auto Delete Pending Account Options
- Do not delete
- Older than 1 month
- Older than 2 months
Admin Dashboard Access Permission
Step 1-c ) The following image Admin Dashboard Access Permission allows you to select from the following options. This allows you to control who can view and manage the plugin as well as the Admin user account.
(Note: If you are setting this option to a different user level other than Admin, you must make sure you have not enabled any of the following features Hide Adminbar, Show Adminbar to Admin, Disable Access to WP Dashboard under Settings. The following documentation wordpress-simple-membership-hide-adminbar can help you further.)
Create Member Accounts for New WP Users
Step 2 ) The following image Create Member Accounts for New WP Users allows you to select from the following options.
Create Member Accounts
- Enable Auto Create Member Accounts
- Default Membership Level
- Default Account Status
Terms and Conditions
Step 3 ) The following image Terms and Conditions allows you to enable the following options.
Terms and Conditions
- Enable Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions Page URL
- Click on Save Changes button when you have completed setting up the Advanced Settings.
Step 4 ) The following image Addons Settings tab will display any extra settings for any of the addons you install for this plugin.
Click on the following URL Members Login Page to continue with the settings.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List: