WordPress Simple Membership General Settings post shows you how to setup the plugins general settings including debug log and more.
Simple Membership plugin is simple to configure and setup. There are a few configurations under the General Settings tab. These settings include membership URLs pages, enabling free membership sign up, default account status setup, enabling Debug Mode and more.
What You Need:
WordPress Simple Membership General Settings
Step 1 ) Go to WP Membership -> Settings -> General Settings to set up the following options. See image below.
General Settings Options
- Enable Free Membership Level
- Free Membership Level ID
Step 2 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
General Settings More Features Options
- Enable More Tag Protection
- Hide Adminbar
- Show Adminbar to Admin
- Disable Access to WP Dashboard
Step 2-a ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
General Settings Extra Features Options
- Default Account status
- Members Must be Logged in to Comment
Step 2-b ) The following image Default Account Status allows you to set up the default accounts status when members register for the first time.
- Activation Required
- Pending = Note: Setting the account to Pending allows you to manually approve the members. Check the following URL manually-approve-members-membership-site to learn more.
Step 3 ) The following image Pages Settings allows you to set up the plugins default pages created when the plugin was installed for the first time. If you decide to create your own pages make sure you enter the correct pages URL here. You also need to add the correct shortcode to any page you decide to create.
- Login Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_login_form]
- Registration Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_registration_form]
- Join Us Page URL = This page simply advertises your memebership website. In this page you can add any information, publicity, membership levels and more.
- Edit Profile Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_profile_form]
- Password Reset Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_reset_form]
Test & Debug Settings
Step 4 ) The following image Test & Debug Settings allows you to set up the following options.
Test & Debug Settings Options
- Enable Debug
- Enable Sandbox Testing = Note: PayPal only offers the credit card checkout option in the business or premier account. This feature is not available in the personal PayPal account. When you enable sandbox testing make sure your PayPal account is either a business or premier account.
- Click on Save Changes button when you complete the general settings.
The following message will be displayed at the top of your admin plugin settings page when you enable this feature.
Message: You have the sandbox payment mode enabled in plugin settings. Make sure to turn off the sandbox mode when you want to do live transactions.
That is all you need to do to setup the general settings in the plugin.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List: