WP Stripe Payments Plugin post shares a list of tutorials to help you set up and troubleshoot Stripe payment gateway to sell products in your site.
Last Updated: November 28, 2023
Latest News: Updated the changelog in the documentation.
Stripe Payments plugin can help you sell products in your site using the Stripe payment gateway. This is similar to PayPal and Braintree. Stripe is becoming popular, that is why it is important that you add this facility to your site.
In this tutorial I will show you how simple it is to set up the general settings in the plugin.
Important: Please read the following information in terms of how to use the plugin properly with captcha. This will protect you from bot attacks: https://s-plugins.com/protect-yourself-from-card-testing/
WP Stripe Payments Plugin
Stripe Payments 2.0.82 Changelog
- Fixed an issue with the coupon code delete function.
- Added a new utility function to retrieve the current page URL.
- New action hook in the payment popup window.
To Do List:
- Do you have the “block the money” option available in the plugin? No. We will investigate a feature for this in the future. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Do you have any plans in adding Stock control for variations? Yes, though we don’t have an ETA either. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- Do you have plans to add inline form functionality? Yes. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- Will you be adding an option to allow the display of quantity remaining on front-end (to site users) in the product description/display? Yes. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- It would a great feature to have the ability to set up multiple quantity discounts per product. For example admin enters quantity range with price/discount (either fixed or % option). 1-3 items, 10% discount > 6-10 items, 15% discount > 11-20 items, 20% discount > 21+ items, 25% discount. Yes, we will think about creating an addon in the future. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- I want to add compatibility with other integrations and noticed that you only include a custom CSS box in the advanced settings page. Could you please include a custom HTML box as well there? We will think about this in a future release. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- I want to have 0.00 charge for account fees when asking for donations? We will think about this in a future release. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- It would be super helpful to see customer’s email addresses in the orders view. We have added this to our to do list. You can read more about it in the following forum post.
- You are welcome to contribute any code suggestion to the following github site Stripe Payments.
Forum Questions Asked
- How to parse the session data from a completed payment? I’m trying to pull the “name” field but I keep getting blank data. = Check the following forum post for a possible solution.
What You Need:
Stripe Payments Plugin Tutorials:
- General Settings
- Coupon Settings
- Email Settings
- Advanced Settings
- CAPTCHA Settings
- Add New Product Settings
- Selling Products
- Setup Donation Buttons
- Troubleshooting Tips
That is all you need to do to set up the general settings in the plugin.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.