WordPress Stripe Payments Add New Product Settings shows you how to add new products in your site using a shortcode and more.
Last Updated: July 20, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
In this tutorial you will learn how simple it is to sell products in your site using Stripe Payment plugin and adding a shortcode. There are some settings and options you can enable and set up for each product. Some of the settings are optional.
Note: Make sure you read and understand how each feature works. You can drag and drop each feature up or down in the product’s page.
What You Need:
WordPress Stripe Payments Add New Product Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Stripe Payments -> Add New Product to start adding new products in your site. The first step you need to take is to give your product a name and add some description to your product. This is very similar to adding new pages and posts in your site.
Step 2 ) The following image Short Description allows you to enter a short product description.
Price & Currency
Step 3 ) The following image Price & Currency allows you to set up the following options.
Price & Currency
- One-time payment or Donation
- Allow customers to specify currency
Step 4 ) The following image Variations allows you to set up the following options.
Note: Click on the following documentation creating-variable-products-using-the-stripe-payments-plugin to learn more.
- Use only variations to construct final product price
- Click on Create Group button to start creating the price variations for your products.
Step 4-a ) The following image allows you to set up and manage the following options.
Create Group Options
- Group Name:
- Display As:
- Price Mod
- Product URL = You can click on the Select from Media Library button.
- Click on Add Variation button to add new product variations.
- Click on Create Group button when you finish setting up your product variations.
Quantity & Stock
Step 5 ) The following image Quantity & Stock allows you to set up the following options.
Quantity & Stock
- Allow users to specify quantity.
- Set Quantity:
- Enable stock control
- Quantity Available:
Step 6 ) The following image Download URL allows you to set up the following options.
- URL of your product (if you’re selling digital products).
- Click on Select File button.
Step 7 ) The following image Product Thumbnail allows you to set up the following options.
- URL of your product thumbnail.
- Click on Select Image button. You can also click on Remove Image button to remove the image URL.
- Don’t use product thumbnail in Stripe pop-up.
Step 8 ) The following image Collect Address allows you to set up the following options.
- Collect Address on Checkout.
- Collect Both Billing And Shipping Addresses.
- Collect Billing Address Only.
Shipping & Tax
Step 9 ) The following image Shipping & Tax allows you to set up the following options.
Shipping & Tax
- Shipping Cost
- Tax (%)
Thank You Page URL
Step 10 ) The following image Thank You Page URL allows you to enter a unique URL for your thank you page. Note: Check the following link customize-the-thank-page-message-of-stripe-payments-plugin to learn more.
Step 11 ) The following image Appearance allows you to set up the following options.
- Button Text.
- Button CSS Class = CSS class to be assigned to the button. This is used for styling purposes. Note: Check the following link customize-stripe-payment-button-appearance-using-css to learn more.
- Show Button Only.
Payment Popup Options
- Show Order Total On Payment Popup
Step 12 ) The following image Coupons Settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Use Global Settings.
Step 13 ) The following image Custom Field will show you the custom field created under Advanced Settings tab in the plugin admin settings.
Note: Check the following link Stripe Payments Plugin Advanced Settings to learn more.
Step 14 ) The following image Advanced Settings allows you to enable the following option.
- Authorize Only
- Force Test Mode
Step 15 ) The following image Embed Product provides the following information you can use to add the product to your page or post.
- Shortcode = Use this shortcode to display this product. Note: Check the following link embedding-products-post-page to learn more.
- CSS Class = Attach this product to any html element by adding this CSS class to it.
- Link URL = Use this URL to create a custom payment button using a text or image link.
Note: The details displayed in the image below will be different in your site.
Step 16 ) The following image Publish allows you to manage when you will publish your product.
Note: Click the following URL Understand WordPress Posts Settings to learn how to set up and publish posts and pages.
- Click on Save Draft button. Or you can click on Preview button.
Q1 Can a default country be set for the billing and shipping addresses?
Answer 1: The country is auto-detected in the stripe checkout popup (it is suppose to pick the country of the user checking out): You can read more about it from the following URL setting-default-address-in-billing-address/.
Q2 Can products be sorted in order or alphabetically?
Answer 1: You can read the following answer provided by (@alexanderfoxc) in the following support thread.
Q3 What is the minimum amount when setting up a donation button?
Answer 1: Please check the following documentation. Stripe does not allow a minimum amount to be lower than what the charging fees are for the currency used.
Q4 I want to customize the dialog box that pops up?
Answer 1: Payment popup design is controlled by Stripe and it cannot be changed, unfortunately. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
Q5 Is it possible to import invoices from stripe account into your plugin?
Answer 1: No, You can read more about it in the following support thread.
Q6 Is it possible to change the text of the ZIP code field on the payment page to ask for a “Postcode”?
Answer 1: Stripe should handle it automatically, based on your customer’s location. One of the developers comes from Europe and it shows “Postcode” for him when he tested this. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
That is all you need to do to add a new product to your shopping cart.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.
Stripe Payments Plugin Tutorials: