The following Stripe Payments Plugin General Settings tutorial shows you how to set up the general settings in the plugin and more.
Last Updated: October 3, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the information below.
Stripe Payments plugin can help you sell products in your site using the Stripe payment gateway. This is similar to PayPal and Braintree. Stripe is becoming popular, that is why it is important that you add this facility to your site.
In this tutorial I will show you how simple it is to set up the general settings in the plugin.
Stripe Payments 1.9.7 Changelog
- Fixed improper tax value calculation under some circumstances.
- Fixed session_start() error that occurs on some configurations after customer made a payment.
- Removed some of the CSS styles from the coupon field. So the style of the coupon field fits better with the theme you are using.
To Do List:
- Any plans to add support for SOFORT and EPS? = This will be added in a future release. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Stripe Payments = You are welcome to contribute any code suggestion to the following github site.
Forum Questions Asked
- How to a parse the session data from a completed payment? I’m trying to pull the “name” field but i keep getting blank data. = Check the following forum post for a possible solution.
What You Need:
Stripe Payments Plugin Tutorials:
Stripe Payments Plugin General Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Stripe Payments in your site admin panel to start setting up the general settings in the plugin. The following image shows you the following admin menu options.
Stripe Payments Admin Menu
- Add New Product
Step 2 ) Go to Stripe Payments -> Settings -> General Settings as illustrated in the following image to read the plugins documentation by clicking on the following link WordPress Stripe.
Stripe Global Settings
Step 3 ) The following Global Settings list allows you to set up the following options in the plugin.
- Checkout Result Page URL
- Products Page URL
- Currency Symbol
- Button Text
- Do Not Save Card Data on Stripe
- Turn Off “Remember me” Option
- Validate ZIP Code = For additional protection, you can opt to have Stripe collect the billing ZIP code. Make sure that ZIP code verification is turned on for your account. Click here to check it in your Stripe Dashboard.
- Stripe Checkout Language
Step 3-a ) The following Currency image allows you to select the default Stripe Payments language for your site.
Step 3-b ) The following Stripe Checkout Language image allows you to select the default Stripe checkout language for your site.
Stripe Credentials Settings
Step 4 ) The following image Credentials allow you to set up the following options.
- Live Mode
- Live Stripe Publishable Key
- Live Stripe Secret Key
- Test Stripe Publishable Key
- Test Stripe Secret Key
Stripe Debug Settings
Step 5 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug Logging
- View Log
- Clear Log
- Debug Log Shareable Link
- Finally when you are happy with your settings click on Save Changes button.
That is all you need to do to set up the general settings in the plugin.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.