The following Stripe Payments Plugin General Settings tutorial shows you how to set up the general settings in the plugin and more.
Last Updated: April 12, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
This simple shopping cart plugin allows you to sell products and even digital media. There are some free and premium addons to help you further.
The following tutorial shows you how to set up and configure the general settings for Stripe Payments plugin. This is very straight forward and simple for anyone to set up.
What You Need:
Stripe Payments Plugin General Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Stripe Payments in your site admin panel to start setting up the general settings in the plugin. The following image shows you the following admin menu options.
Stripe Payments Admin Menu
- Add New Product
Step 2 ) Go to Stripe Payments -> Settings -> General Settings as illustrated in the following image to read the plugins documentation by clicking on the following link WordPress Stripe.
Stripe Global Settings
Step 3 ) The following Global Settings list allows you to set up the following options in the plugin.
- Checkout Result Page URL
- Products Page URL
- Currency = Refer to Step 3-a ) below.
- Currency Symbol
- Button Text
- Payment Popup Button Text (New API only)
- Do Not Save Card Data on Stripe
- Turn Off “Remember me” Option
- Validate ZIP Code = For additional protection, you can opt to have Stripe collect the billing ZIP code. Make sure that ZIP code verification is turned on for your account. Click here to check it in your Stripe Dashboard.
- Stripe Checkout Language = Refer to Step 3-b ) below.
- Popup Default Country (New API only) = Select the default country that should be set on the payment popup window for billing and shipping address. You can install the free Country Autodetect Addon to detect customer’s country automatically.
- Hide the State Field (New API only)
- Prefill Logged In User Name and Email (New API only)
Step 3-a ) The following Currency image allows you to select the default Stripe Payments language for your site.
Step 3-b ) The following Stripe Checkout Language image allows you to select the default Stripe checkout language for your site.
Stripe Credentials Settings
Step 4 ) The following image Credentials allow you to set up the following options.
- Live Mode
- Live Stripe Publishable Key
- Live Stripe Secret Key
- Test Stripe Publishable Key
- Test Stripe Secret Key
Stripe Debug Settings
Step 5 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug Logging
- View Log
- Clear Log
- Debug Log Shareable Link
- Finally when you are happy with your settings click on Save Changes button.
That is all you need to do to set up the general settings in the plugin.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.
Stripe Payments Plugin Tutorials: