Backup Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups plugin tutorial teaches you how to backup WordPress using UpdraftPlus Backups plugin.
This is a very simple and easy to use plugin and setup. It has many advance options as well if you choose to use them.
Last Updated: July 26, 2019
Latest News: I updated the changelog.
UpdraftPlus Version 1.16.16 Changelog
- FEATURE: Added the ability to launch a blank WordPress clone
- FEATURE: Add –collate= parameter to WP-CLI (Premium) to allow substitution of locally unknown collations when restoring
- FIX: Switched to wp_insert_site() from insert_blog() and install_blog() method when importing single-site into a multisite network on WP 5.1+. Fixes ‘Already Installed’ error when importing on newer WP versions
- FIX: Issue where (rare) foreign key constraints aren’t updated upon restore when table prefix changes
- and more.
What you need:
UpdraftPlus Backups Restore Tutorials:
- Backup And Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups
- Restore Existing Backups
- Debugging Expert Tools
Backup Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups
Step 1 ) Install the plugin like you would normally do. Then go to Settings -> UpdraftPlus Backups to configure the plugin. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image displays the admin menu. The following is the list of tabs available for you to manage and make some adjustments.
- Current Status
- Existing Backups
- Debugging / Expert Tools
UpdraftPlus Admin Options
Step 3 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
Note: If this is the first time you install this plugin, you will not see much information until you start creating backups.
- Backup Now
Next scheduled backups
- Time now
Last backup job run
- No backup has been completed
Last log message
- (Nothing yet logged)
Backups, logs & restoring
- 0 Se(s) available
Backup Now Feature
Step 4 ) To create a backup, click on Backup Now button from above. It gives you the following options.
- Don’t include the database in the backup
- Don’t include any files in the backup
- Don’t send this backup to remote storage
- If nothing happens when you attempt to backup click Go here for help
- Click on Backup Now button
Step 5 ) The following image shows you the backup in progress.
Click on the following URL Restore Existing Backups to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.
If you want to test your website locally, read the following instructions.
In the following tutorials you will learn how to setup WordPress locally using xampp and install your backup locally to run some testing.