Last Updated: December 22, 2015
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Existing Backups shows you how to backup and restore your website and more.
Latest News: I have changed the menu.
Note: There will be a few more images added soon to complement the latest version.
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Tutorials:
- Backup Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups
- Restore Existing Backups
- Debugging Expert Tools
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Existing Backups Steps
Step 1 ) The following image Existing Backups shows you 1 existing backup to download and or restore.
Step 2 ) The following is information displayed for your interest.
- Downloading: Pressing a button for Database/Plugins/Themes/Uploads/Others will make UpdraftPlus try to bring the backup file back from the remote storage (if any – e.g. Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP) to your webserver. Then you will be allowed to download it to your computer. If the fetch from the remote storage stops progressing (wait 30 seconds to make sure), then press again to resume. Remember that you can also visit the cloud storage vendor’s website directly.
- Restoring: Press the Restore button next to the chosen backup set.
- More tasks: Upload backup files | Rescan local folder for new backup sets | Rescan remote storage
- Web-server disk space in use by UpdraftPlus: (the amount of spaced occupied by your backup files) refresh
Step 3 ) The following images allows you to carry out the following options.
Backup data (click to download)
- View Log
Step 4 ) The following image UpdraftPlus – Restore backup allows you to select what you would like to restore from the following options.
Step 5 ) The following image shows you what you can do with the backups. I have chosen Themes for this tutorial. You can download the backup to your computer and or delete the backup from the server.
In this example you can see how much space is used by UpdraftPlus backup 190.4 MB. You can also click on the refresh link to view how much space the current backup/s is using on your server.
Click on the following URL Settings to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.