UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Settings teaches you how to configure the settings file backup intervals, database backup intervals and more.
Last Updated: August 31, 2016
Latest News: I have edited some information below and will be adding more information soon.
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Tutorials:
- Backup And Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups
- Restore Existing Backups
- Debugging Expert Tools
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Settings Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> UpdraftPlus Backups -> Settings. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image Configure Backup Contents And Schedule allows you to set up the following options.
File backup intervals
- Ho many backups
Database backup intervals
- Ho many backups
Include in file backup
- Other directories found inside wp-content
Step 3 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Database encryption phrase
Step 4 ) The following image Remote Storage allows you to select from the following list of storage areas for your backups. All you have to do is click on one or more from the list below using your mouse.
Step 5 ) Once you have selected your backup destination from the list above, you need to select what to include in your backups from the following options.
Include in files backup:
- Exclude these:
- Any other directories found inside wp-content = Exclude these:
Database encryption phrase:
- Don’t want to be spied on? UpdraftPlus Premium can encrypt your database backup. It can also backup external databases.
- You can manually decrypt an encrypted database here.
- Check this box to have a basic report sent to your site’s admin address (email address goes here). For more reporting features, use the Reporting add-on.
Step 6 ) The following image Expert settings allows you to enable and or save from the following options.
- Expert settings
- Click on Save Changes button
Step 7 ) The following image Show expert settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Debug mode
- Split archives every = 400 Mb (Default Settings)
- Delete local backup
Step 8 ) The following image Show expert settings continues allows you to set up the following options.
- Backup directory
- Use the server’s SSL certificates
- Do not verify SSL certificates
- Disable SSL entirely where possible (See this FAQ also)
Click on the following URL Debugging Expert Tools to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.