UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Settings shows you how to configure the settings, file backups, database backups, schedule backups and more.
Last Updated: July 4, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
The following tutorial talks about the different options you can enable for your backups including the storage areas. The default settings when you install the plugins do a great job for your backups. So you don’t really need to make any changes unless you want to exclude some files and folders from your default backups and or configure the expert settings.
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Tutorials:
- Backup And Restore WordPress Using UpdraftPlus Backups
- Restore Existing Backups
- Advanced Tools
UpdraftPlus Backup Restore Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> UpdraftPlus Backups -> Settings. as illustrated in the image below to setup the following options.
File backup schedule:
- Ho many backups
Database backup schedule:
- Ho many backups
Step 2 ) The following image Remote Storage allows you to select from the following list of storage areas for your backups. All you have to do is click on one or more from the list below using your mouse.
Include in files backup
Step 3 ) The following image Include in files backup allows you to select from the following list of options to include / exclude from your backups
Include in file backup:
- Exclude these from Uploads: (Note: Your site will have different files/ directories.)
Any other directories found inside wp-content
Step 3-a ) The following image Any other directories found inside wp-content allows you to select from the following list of options to include / exclude from your backups. (Note: Your site will have different files/ directories.)
Database encryption phase / Email
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Database encryption phrase = Click on You can manually decrypt an encrypted database here link, to select the files for decryption as illustrated in the image below.
Step 5 ) Click on Expert settings links, to view and configure the following expert settings. These settings are only for experts. You must make sure you understand how they work. By default you don’t need to alter these settings.
Expert Settings Options:
- Expert settings:
- Debug mode:
- Split archives every: = 400 Mb (Default Settings)
- Delete local backup:
- Backup directory: updraft (Default Settings)
- Use the server’s SSL certificates:
- Do not verify SSL certificates:
- Disable SSL entirely where possible:
- Automatic updates:
- Click on Save Changes button when you finish setting up the plugin.
Click on the following URL Debugging Expert Tools to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.