BackWPup WordPress Backup Plugin tutorial teaches you how to manage this powerful backup plugin and much more.
Last Updated: June 30, 2017
Everyone knows that to feel safe nowadays you need to have a backup plan. BackWPup plugin will help you backup your website or blog and keep a safe copy locally or on a server.
If you don’t have a backup plan you run the risk of loosing all your data and years of hard work. Think about it, what if you were hacked? How would you retrieve your data? What if your website became corrupted? These are just some example of what can go wrong.
Make sure you backup your website regularly even if you just updated one post or page, make a backup. That is what I do and it makes me happy.
Finally: This tutorial is based on version BackWPup 3.1.4. Please note I will be updating, adding new images and information if there are any changes in the new version.
BackWPup 3.4.1 Changelog
- Check if file is dot to prevent open_basedir warning.
- Only display Dropbox upload progress in debug mode.
- Fix PHP notice when running job via WP CLI.
- Fix the way Dropbox API wrapper handles errors.
- Only encode DB values to hex when binary flag is set.
- Fix handling of storing backups in root Dropbox dir.
- Allow symbolic links to be excluded.
- If archive name is not valid format, will still recognize and delete old files.
- Allow user to copy debug info for support.
- Do not display notices for pro users.
- Add support form for pro users.
- Add Rate Us admin notice.
- Support empty folder name when syncing to Dropbox.
- Allow folders under wp-content to be excluded.
Important: Please remember to review the new version and post any issues you are having with your website. This is important for the developers.
I created a backup and after I created the backup I deleted all the website files on my server to test this plugin. I was able to restore my website without any problems. This proves that it does work. However even though it worked for me there are many different server settings. I suggest that you always test on a testing environment on your server and test your backups. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
What you need:
- Install the BackWPup plugin.
BackWPup Backup Plugin Tutorials:
BackWPup WordPress Backup Plugin Steps
The following image is what you will see when you first install the plugin.
Step 1 ) The following image displays the menu structure for BackWPup plugin. The following menu allows you to set up and configure the following.
- Add new job
Step 2 ) Click on BackWPup -> Dashboard tab to view the following options. This should be your first option to view and read. You also have some videos tutorials to help you learn more about how to manage and operate this plugin.
- Planning backups
- Restoring backups
- Ready to set up a backup job?
- BackWPup News
- You will find a few video tutorials to learn more
The following are steps you should take before you begin to create any backup.
- Check the installation
- Create a Job
- Run the created job
- Check the job log
One Click Backup:
- Click on Download database backup button
That is all you need to keep a safe copy of your WordPress website or blog.
Click on the following link Backup Restore WordPress to continue learning.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more. If you have any questions please send me an e-mail or leave a comment.