BackWPup WordPress Backup Plugin tutorial teaches you how to manage this powerful backup plugin and much more.
Last Updated: May 10, 2019
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
Everyone knows that to feel safe nowadays you need to have a backup plan. BackWPup plugin will help you backup your website or blog and keep a safe copy locally or on a server.
If you don’t have a backup plan you run the risk of loosing all your data and years of hard work. Think about it, what if you were hacked? How would you retrieve your data? What if your website became corrupted? These are just some example of what can go wrong.
Make sure you backup your website regularly even if you just updated one post or page, make a backup. That is what I do and it makes me happy.
Note: This tutorial is based on version BackWPup 3.1.4. Please note that I will be updating, adding new images and information if there are any changes when new versions are released.
BackWPup 3.6.9 Changelog
- Fixed: Google Drive destination automatically remove old backup files
- Fixed: Do not expose destination data within the manifest file
- Fixed: Update Dropbox Tokens
- Fixed: Restore error: MIME returns html instead of event stream
- Fixed: Log files name are predictable because of weak hash
- Fixed: ZipArchive doesn’t fallback to PclZip in Restore
- Fixed: Session already started could cause issues during ajax calls
- Fixed: Wrong vendor include path for PEAR using MS Azure
- Fixed: Decryption Key prompt when any error occur during the first step of a Restore
- Fixed: Phone home client notice and php 5 issue with php short echo tag
- Fixed: mime_content_type function may not exists prevent backup decryption
- Improve: Restore Log and produce report for user feedback
- Changed: License changed to GPLv2+
Important: Please remember to review the new version and post any issues you are having with your website. This is important for the developers.
What you need:
- Install the BackWPup plugin.
BackWPup Backup Plugin Tutorials:
BackWPup WordPress Backup Plugin Steps
The following image is what you will see when you first install the plugin.
Step 1 ) The following image displays the menu structure for BackWPup plugin. The following menu allows you to set up and configure the following.
- Add new job
Step 2 ) Click on BackWPup -> Dashboard tab to view the following options. This should be your first option to view and read. You also have some videos tutorials to help you learn more about how to manage and operate this plugin.
- Planning backups
- Restoring backups
- Ready to set up a backup job?
- BackWPup News
- You will find a few video tutorials to learn more
The following are steps you should take before you begin to create any backup.
- Check the installation
- Create a Job
- Run the created job
- Check the job log
One Click Backup:
- Click on Download database backup button
That is all you need to keep a safe copy of your WordPress website or blog.
Click on the following URL Settings to continue with the setup.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more. If you have any questions please send me an e-mail or leave a comment.