WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin post shows you now to control and monitor all your downloads from your website and more.
Last Updated: October 27, 2019
Latest News: Updated the changelog.
If you are thinking about adding download files to your website or blog then this is the plugin for you. It is simple to setup and great to manage and monitor all your downloads. Most important it is Free.
Simple Download Monitor 3.8.2 Changelog
- Added action hooks for password protected downloads (when a download request is submitted without a password or incorrect password).
- Added the Norwegian language translation files. Thanks to Tore Østerlie.
- Regenerated the translation POT file.
- WordPress 5.3 compatibility.
To Do List:
- Is it possible to change the default location for files uploaded via the plugin? = Check the following forum post for more information.
- Are you going to add invisible Google reCAPTCHA? = Check the following support thread.
What you need:
Premium Addons: (Optional)
- Squeeze Form Addon (Email Lock)
- Amazon S3 Integration
- Hidden/Private Downloads Addon
- Allow Other File Types to be Uploaded
- Email Notification on Download Addon
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Tutorials
- Download Monitor Plugin
- Advanced Settings
- Add New WP Simple Download Monitor File
- Create New Post
- [sdm_download_categories_list ] = This shortcode will list all available categories in your site.
- [sdm_search_form ] = This shortcode displays a search form for searching SDM downloads only
- [sdm_show_download_info id=”123″ download_info=”file_size” ] = This shortcode will display the file size for a download item.
- [sdm_show_download_info id=”123″ download_info=”file_version” ] = This shortcode shows the file version for the download item.
- [sdm_popular_downloads ] = This shortcode displays popular downloads.
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Downloads on the admin menu to set up and view the following options. See image below.
Downloads Admin Menu
- Add New
Step 2 ) Go to Downloads -> Downloads to see all your downloads. You can sort your downloads by the following fields.
- Date Posted
Step 3 ) Go to Downloads -> Add New to create a new download. This is very similar to adding a new Page or Post. Click on the following URL Create New File to learn more.
Step 4 ) Go to Downloads -> Categories to create new categories for your download files. This is similar to adding new categories for posts.
Step 5 ) Go to Downloads -> Tags to create new tags for your download files. This is similar to adding new tags for posts.
Step 6 ) Go to Downloads -> Logs -> Main Logs to control and view the following logs. See image below.
- Export Log Entries to CSV File
- Reset Log Entries
Step 6-a ) Go to Downloads -> Logs -> Specific Item Logs to control and view the following logs. See image below.
View Specific Item Logs
- Enter the Download ID of the item:
- Click on View Logs button.
Step 7 ) Go to Downloads -> Stats to view the statistics for all the downloads in your site. See image below.
Choose Date Range
- This Month
- Last Month
- This Year
- Last Year
- All Time
- Once you have selected the viewing method click on View Stats button.
Different Download Viewing Tabs
- Downloads by date
- Downloads by country = Note: You need to enter your Google Maps API Key in the Advanced Settings tab to properly display the chart.
- Downloads by country list
That is all you need to do to add and monitor your download files.
Click on the following URL Settings to adjust the settings.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time. Make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.