Hyper Cache General Settings shows you how to configure your cache settings, disable translation, set up wp-config, enable compression and more.
Last Updated: August 28, 2018
Latest News: I have updated some information and the changelog.
Hyper Cache 3.3.7 Changelog
- Fixed http link on options panel
What You Need:
Hyper Cache Tutorials:
Hyper Cache General Settings Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> Hyper Cache to start setting the plugins. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image Hyper Cache is displayed if this is the first time you install the plugin and the following features are missing from the wp-config.php file.
You must add the following define(‘Wp_Cache’, true); after define(‘WPLANG’, ”); )
You might also see a message (You must save the options since some files must be updated). This message will appear if you have made changes or you have updated the plugin.
Note: Every time there is a new version you must click on Save button located at the bottom of the General tab for the latest update to be implemented.
Step 3 ) The following image illustrates the warning message letting you that you need to Save the settings.
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to read a quick usage guide before you begin setting up the plugin.
- Clean the whole cache
- Clean home and archives
- Compute the cache size
Step 5 ) Go to Settings -> Hyper Cache -> General tab to set up the following options. See image below.
- Disable translations
- Cached pages will be valid for
- Enable compression (Note: Only enable this feature if you don’t have gzip enabled in your server.)
- Enable on-the-fly compression
- When the home is refreshed, refresh even the
Step 6 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
- When a post receives a comment = clean archives (categories, tags, …, but not the home) and or clean the home.
- When a post is edited = clean archives (categories, tags, …, but not the home) and or clean the home.
- Cache folder
Step 7 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
- Next autoclean will run in
- Allow browser caching = set the time in hours
- HTTPS = you have three options…….Bypass the cache, Build a separated cache or Use the standard cache ( I have HTTP/HTTPS aware pages)
Step 8 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
- Use readfile()
- Serve expired pages to bots
- Click on Save button once you have completed your settings.
Click on the following URL Bypasses Settings.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.