Backup WordPress Using XCloner plugin tutorial will guide you and help you to configure the plugin before you create a WordPress backup.
Last Updated: June 8, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
The latest update version 4.0.1 is a major overhaul of the plugin. This update is a huge improvement over the old version 3.1.5. Make sure you carry out some test on a testing platform before you update the plugin to the this version. If you find a bug or you run into an issue report this to the forum. This will help the developer update and patch the problem.
Please read the latest release information below:
Version 4.2.0 changelog
** Implemented enhancements: **
- Improve error when connecting to remote site using restore script from another site
- Improve error message when accessing restore script directly
- Encrypt database password during restore
- Update default regex exclusions
- Replace youtube links
- Add additional cleanup & quota options for backup storage
- Add standalone CLI for making backups
send to remote destinationoption to the
** Fixed bugs: **
- Select All Backups delete does not work
- JS Error during restoration
- Ajax error when viewing empty storage area
- SFTP bug
- Live DB restore replaces WP Options table
Important: Please remember to review the new version and report any issues to the developer.
What you need:
- Xcloner plugin.
Setup And Configure XCloner Plugin
The following image Site Backup shows you the admin menu. The admin menu allows you to set up and configure the following settings.
Site Backup Admin Menu
- Admin Dashboard
- Backup Settings
- Remote Storage Settings
- Manage Backups
- Schedule Backups
- Generate WordPress Backups
- Restore WordPress
Click on the following link Admin Dashboard to continue with this tutorial.
If you have any questions please let me know.