WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Settings talks about this simple and very powerful plugin that will help you move a WordPress site to another server.
Last Updated: January 17, 2019
Latest Update: I updated the changelog.
Duplicator 1.3.3 changelog
– Plugin: Detect for non standard WordPress configuration and properly construct package.
– Plugin: Prevent installation if wp-config.php is outer of root folder
– Plugin: Added reset button for incomplete packages
– Plugin: Auto filter backwpup backup storage folder from package
– Installer: Warn a user if a user migrating from PHP 5.x to PHP 7.0+
– Installer: Log all errors and notices in the dup-installer
– Installer: Replace domain name of email address
– Installer: Intercepted and managed exceptions in the bootstrap installer
– Plugin: Fixed Step 1 reset button
– Plugin: Archive config dbInfo property should not be null
– Plugin: Remove temp zip files on unistall in wp-shanpshots
– Installer: Fixed loop construct in wp_kses_bad_protocol_once2
– Installer: Improved mysqli connection
– Installer: Fixed various PHP warnings foreach, filestat, mysqli_*
– Installer: Safe columns added in installer sql queries
– Installer: Intercept all exceptions in main file
– Installer: Improve installer exception page and log
– Installer: Do not generate exception if wp-config does not exist
– Installer: Missing validation on tls connections
– Installer: All installer notice should be cleared
– Installer: Prevent error on db select and intercept exception
What you need:
- WordPress Duplicator Plugin
- You might like Duplicator Pro. (This is an affiliated link. I get a small commission if you make a purchase.)
Note: If you want to compare the difference between the free and the pro version click on the following URL Duplicator Free vs Duplicator Pro.
WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Tutorials:
WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Settings Setup
This tutorial is based on the following version. Please also view the changes made in the latest version.
Step 1 ) Log into your website as administrator. Click on Duplicator on the left hand side of your admin panel to view and set up the following options. See image below.
- Go Pro!
Duplicator All Packages
Step 2 ) Go to Duplicator -> Packages -> All Packages tab to view all your current packages created. In your case if this is your first time using this plugin then you will not have any packages created. In the image below you can see one package already created. The package provides the following details.
- Package Installer and Archive
- Number of Packages and Total Size of packages
- Top right hand side you find Create New button
Step 3 ) Go to Duplicator -> Settings to set up the following options. See image below.
- Duplicator Version
- Uninstall Options = Delete Plugin Settings and Delete Entire Snapshot Directory (It points to the current snapshot directory)
- Storage = You can disable .htaccess file in storage directory
Step 4 ) The following image Package allows you to set up the following options.
- Archive Flush
- Database Build = Use PHP or Use mysqldump (recommended for large databases) or Add Custom Path:
- Package Debug
Step 5 ) The following image Roles & Capabilities allows you to set up the following options.
- Custom Roles
- Click on Save Settings button when you finish
Note: You need to install either the Free or Professional plugin in order to use this feature.
Click on the following link Tools to continue with the set up.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.