WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Settings talks about this simple and very powerful plugin that will help you move a WordPress site to another server.
Last Updated: September 12, 2019
Latest Update: I updated the changelog.
Note: These tutorials are based on Duplicator version 1.1.
Duplicator 1.3.22 changelog
– Plugin: Remove Google plus social icon
– Plugin: Translation Language file updates
– Plugin: Display a correct error message for memory error on package creation
– Plugin: Timezone related issue – Third Party plugin conflict
– Plugin: Fix Packages Detail Page – Make expanders sticky again
– Plugin: Won’t make full Archive on some hosts
– Plugin: Fix permission of wp_snapshot dir on upgrade
– Installer: 64-bit OS too large for 64-bit PHP
– Installer: Port Lite design pattern in Other parts of the LITE
– Installer: Increase timeout to 900 make empty username and pass of the s3 of installation
What you need:
- WordPress Duplicator Plugin
- You might like Duplicator Pro. (This is an affiliated link. I get a small commission if you make a purchase.)
Note: If you want to compare the difference between the free and the pro version click on the following URL Duplicator Free vs Duplicator Pro.
WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Tutorials:
WordPress Duplicator Backup Plugin Settings Setup
This tutorial is based on the following version. Please also view the changes made in the latest version.
Step 1 ) Log into your website as administrator. Click on Duplicator on the left hand side of your admin panel to view and set up the following options. See image below.
- Go Pro!
Duplicator All Packages
Step 2 ) Go to Duplicator -> Packages -> All Packages tab to view all your current packages created. In your case if this is your first time using this plugin then you will not have any packages created. In the image below you can see one package already created. The package provides the following details.
- Package Installer and Archive
- Number of Packages and Total Size of packages
- Top right hand side you find Create New button
Step 3 ) Go to Duplicator -> Settings to set up the following options. See image below.
- Duplicator Version
- Uninstall Options = Delete Plugin Settings and Delete Entire Snapshot Directory (It points to the current snapshot directory)
- Storage = You can disable .htaccess file in storage directory
Step 4 ) The following image Package allows you to set up the following options.
- Archive Flush
- Database Build = Use PHP or Use mysqldump (recommended for large databases) or Add Custom Path:
- Package Debug
Step 5 ) The following image Roles & Capabilities allows you to set up the following options.
- Custom Roles
- Click on Save Settings button when you finish
Note: You need to install either the Free or Professional plugin in order to use this feature.
Click on the following link Tools to continue with the set up.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.