First Time Blogging WordPress Theme Setup helps you set up your theme or install a new theme from the WordPress repository.
Last Updated: July 9, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the information below.
Photo by woodsy from Rgbstock website.
First Time Blogging WordPress Theme Setup
By default WordPress sets up a theme for you. Once you log in as the administrator you will see many options on the left hand side of the screen. Here you will be making all your changes, add all your plugins and set up your theme. Don’t waste time searching for a theme until you have completed all your settings, plugins and tweaking. Then if you choose to search for a new theme then go right ahead.
Note: Make sure the theme you install is responsive ready. You can use the following URL mobile test to test and see if your site is responsive or not. You can also use a plugin to customize your responsive site. Click on the following URL WordPress Mobile Plugins for more information.
Step 1 ) Go to Appearance -> Themes to installed or search for a new theme.
- Click on Add New button
- You can Search installed themes
The theme that I chose is Suffusion, this is an extraordinary theme and it is free. It has a framework option that allows you to do many changes without looking into the code. This would help many especially those that don’t like looking into the code. I have also started to write some suffusion tutorials to help those that require some help.
You can check the following URL How To Install WordPress Theme tutorial, to learn how to install a theme.
WordPress has a number of default themes that begin with the name Twenty. These themes are always updated to work with the latest WordPress version. If you can’t find a theme you like in the repository, then simply using one of these default themes will give you a head start. Twenty themes are clean, simple, work really well and are almost bug free.
Note: WordPress themes are updated by the WordPress community.
WordPress Twenty Family Themes
- Ten = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Ten changelog.
- Eleven = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Eleven changelog.
- Twelve = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Twelve changelog.
- Thirteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Thirteen changelog.
- Fourteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Fourteen changelog.
- Fifteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Fifteen changelog.
- Sixteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Sixteen changelog.
- Seventeen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Seventeen changelog.
(Note: These are affiliated links = I get a small commission if you make a purchase.)
Click on the following URL Categories And Tags to continue with the setup.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time so keep coming back for the latest.
First Time Blogging Using WordPress List: