I have been following Paint Net Image Editor which is becoming a very powerful image editor just like Gimp and Photoshop but free like Gimp.
Last Updated: March 8, 2022
Latest news: Updated the changelog.
The difference between Paint.Net and Gimp is the learning curve. Paint.Net is very simple and easy to learn software. It is very similar to Windows Ms Paint. If you use Ms Paint then you will love Paint.net because it was a project developed with the intention to replace Ms paint. It never replaced MS Paint but the developers decided to release it for free to the online community with the option to donate https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html if you wish.
Latest version Paint.NET 4.3.8 (Released on February 16, 2022)
- New: Layers -> Toggle Layer Visibility menu command (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + comma)
- Greatly improved performance for the Line/Curve and Shapes tools
- Improved performance for the Move Selected Pixels tool when using Bicubic resampling
- Fixed tooltips not going away when menu items are activated by the keyboard (Effects, Adjustments, and File -> Open Recent)
- Added a FolderChooser control type for IndirectUI-based plugins (thanks @toe_head2001!)
- Fixed compatibility for Ed Harvey’s FastFX PencilSketch effect plugin
- Fixed a performance bug in the canvas renderer that was causing tiles to be copied to the GPU more often than necessary. This mostly affected performance when drawing or modifying selections, and when scrolling or zooming.
- Fixed a small memory leak with the allocations made for Win32 synchronization primitives (critical sections and condition variables)
- Updated the bundled AvifFileType plugin to verison 220.127.116.11, which fixes some issues with EXIF metadata handling. (thanks @null54!)
- Updated the bundled WebPFileType plugin to version 18.104.22.168, which fixes some issues with EXIF metadata handling. (thanks @null54!)
- Updated the bundled DDSFileTypePlus plugin to version 22.214.171.124, which adds support for DXGI_FORMAT_R32_FLOAT. This is used by Bethesda’s Creation Kit for Fallout 4. (thanks @null54!)
What You Need:
Paint Net Image Editor Tutorials:
- Paint Net Image Editor
- Paint Net Image Editor Top Menu Tools
- Paint Net Image Editor Top Right Menu
- Paint Net Image Editor Effects
- Paint Net Image Editor Top Right Menu Layers
Paint Net Image Editor
The following two images illustrates the differences between the two of them.
- Paint.net 4.3.7
- Windows 10 Paint
This image belongs to Paint Net 4.3.7
This image belongs to Windows 10 MS Paint
A team of developers decided to keep on with the project and release it to the market for free.
I know that many of you out there are always looking for something easy, simple to use and not too heavy in resources. For example: Does not use too much memory “RAM”.
Click on the following URL Paint Net Image Editor Top Menu Tools to learn more about Paint Net.
This tutorial will be updated from time to time. If you have any questions please let me know.
Return Back To: