Remove All In One WP Security Database Tables shows you how to search for the plugins tables in the corresponding database for your site.
Last Updated: August 5, 2019
Latest News: I updated the documentation.
This tutorial shows you how to search your sites database for aiowps entries in the tables using phpMyAdmin.
This is important if you are having issues with our plugin in your site and you need to totally remove aionwps from your sites database. This will allow you to reinstall a fresh copy of the plugin and start all over.
- Access to your server’s phpMyAdmin.
- (Optional) If you don’t have access to phpMyAdmin or you don’t feel comfortable using this tool, click on the following URL Remove AIOWPS From WP Database Tables And Options.
Remove All In One WP Security Database Tables
Important: Before you begin, make sure you create a database backup of your site. Just in case something goes wrong.
Step 1 ) Log into your server and run phpMyAdmin. Located the database for the site in question as illustrated below. In this example the database in question is word492.
Note: You might have more than one database running in your server. So make sure you select the correct database.
Step 2 ) When I click on word492 database, I can start searching for the plugins tables. In the following image, you can see straight away some plugin’s tables that are safe to delete.
Tables Safe To Delete
For the following two tables you need further investigation. In other words, don’t delete them. You need to search inside of them for any entries related to aiowps.
Investigate Tables Further
| commentmeta |
| comments |
phpMyAdmin Search Options
Step 3 ) The following image shows you how to search your database for any entries that have the following word aiowps. Please make sure you carry out the following steps.
- Enter the following word aiowps in the field as illustrated in the image below.
- Under Find: select at lease one of the words. I find this to be the best option in this case.
- Under Inside tables: Select Select all. Make sure all tables are selected in the database.
- Finally click on Go button to begin the search.
Step 5 ) The following image shows you the 5 entries found. If the options name have the following name values aio or aiowps, then you can safely delete them. Otherwise you need to edit and search for any entries with a the following values name aio or aiowps.
The following image shows you the Edit link you need to click on to begin searching. In this tutorial, the following option_name needed to be searched.
- cron = For cron jobs, you might want to use one of the following plugins Manage WordPress Cron Jobs to delete the cron job from your site. This is much safer than working in phpMyAdmin.
Note: In your case you might have more entries to search.
I hope the above tutorial helps you remove all aiowps entries from your database.
Click on the following link Troubleshooting to continue configuring the plugins settings.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for the latest.
All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin Tutorial List