Remove All In One WP Security Database Tables shows you how to search for the plugins tables in the corresponding database for your site.
Last Updated: May 20, 2022
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
These instructions shows you how to remove all tables and database entries with the name aiowps and or aio using phpMyAdmin.
These steps are important if you are having issues with our plugin and or you can’t log into your site anymore. These steps will totally remove aionwps entries from your sites database. This will allow you to reinstall a fresh new copy of the plugin and allow you to start all over setting up the plugin.
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Access to your server’s phpMyAdmin.
- (Alternative) You might only want to reset the plugin. The following instructions can help How To Reset AIOWPS Plugin.
Remove All In One WP Security Database Tables
Important: Before you begin, create a database backup of your site. Just in case something goes wrong.
Step 1 ) These steps assume you have already deactivated and deleted the plugin from your site and removed all entries include the following tags from your .htaccess file. And now you want to make sure all tables are removed from your database.
# BEGIN All In One WP Security
# END All In One WP Security
However, if you can’t log into your site to deactivate and delete the plugin, you will need to access to your site via FTP or cPanel file manager.
Log Into Your Server
Step 2 ) Log into your server and run phpMyAdmin. Located the database for the site in question as illustrated below. In this example the database in question is word492.
Note: You might have more than one database running in your server. So make sure you select the correct database.
Step 3 ) When I click on word492 database, I can start searching for the plugins tables. In the following image, you can see straight away some plugin’s tables that are safe to delete with WordPress default database prefix wp_.
Note: WordPress default database prefix is wp_. In your site your database prefix might be different.
Tables Safe To Delete
For the following two tables you need further investigation. In other words, don’t delete them. You need to search inside of them for any entries related to aiowps.
Investigate These Tables Further
| commentmeta |
| comments |
phpMyAdmin Search Options
Step 4 ) The following image shows you how to search your database for any entries that have the following word aiowps. Please make sure you carry out the following steps.
- Enter the following word aiowps in the field as illustrated in the image below.
- Under Find: select at lease one of the words. I find this to be the best option in this case.
- Under Inside tables: Select Select all. Make sure all tables are selected in the database.
- Finally click on Go button to begin the search.
Step 6 ) The following image shows you the 5 entries found. If the options name have the following name values aio or aiowps, then you can safely delete them. Otherwise you need to edit and search for any entries with a the following values name aio or aiowps.
The following image shows you the Edit link you need to click on to begin searching. In this tutorial, the following option_name needed to be searched.
- You might also find the following entry aiowps_temp_configs, not showing in the image below.
- cron = For cron jobs, you might want to use one of the following plugins Manage WordPress Cron Jobs to delete the cron job from your site. This is much safer than working in phpMyAdmin.
Note: If you find more entries in options, please let me know and I will add them to the list above.
Optional Database Plugins
Step 7 ) If logging into your server and using phpMyAdmin feels a bit intimidating and or you don’t have access to your server, the following plugins can also help you.
Optimize the Database Plugins:
- Advanced Database Cleaner = (Note: The following instructions Remove AIOWPS From WP Database Tables And Options can help you.)
- Database Cleaner (New 2022)
I hope the above tutorial helps you remove all aiowps entries from your database.
Click on the following link Troubleshooting to continue configuring the plugins settings.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for the latest.
All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin Tutorial List