First Time Blogging SEO covers information about SEO. It is very important for your blog or website to have an online ranking and people to find your site.
Last Updated: March 2, 2021
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
Photo by woodsy from Rgbstock website.
First Time Blogging SEO Steps
A few questions website owners usual ask.
- How do I promote my website?
- How do I make my website rank 1st?
- How do I make my website, blog post or pages appear on the first page in Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines?
How will you promote your website to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo? Do you have a Google or Bing account? If not, then I recommend you to create one for each search engine.
One of the most important method of promoting your website is with Google. Google is one of the most widely used search engines in the world. Although you shouldn’t discard other search engines like Bing.
Do you want to know what happens to your site while you sleep? Search engines like Google and Bing have some incredible FREE tools to monitor your site 24/7 and will help you find out all you need to know about your site, these tools are free.
Google Apps/ Tools
The following is some of the tools you will have access to in Google
- Webmaster tools
- Google places
Bing uses similar tools and it has other tools that are also handy as well. That is why it is important that you sign up with both search engines. Learning how to use these tools will be an advantage to you.
Some of the options you need to focus on when you start adding blog posts and pages in WordPress.
- What meta tag and meta description are you going to add to your posts?
- What keywords are you going to add?
- What percentage of the keywords are you going to add to each post?
- Are you going to add images? What name are you going to give your images? How big and heavy will your images be?
- You need to add a sitemap.xml file to your website so that it helps search engines monitor the URLs and links in your site. One easy way to achieve this, is by installing the following plugin Google xml sitemaps mentioned in WordPress SEO Plugins link. The SEO plugin I highly recommend and one that I now use in all my projects is The SEO Framework by Sybre Waaijer.
- You should also add an internal sitemap to help those who visit your site navigate with much ease.
The above list is just a small list but a very effective list that can help you with your SEO.
SEO Related Links
- How to Install and Setup WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast written by wpbeginner.com. This is a very thorough tutorial that will guide you and help you set up this great SEO plugin.
- You might like to read the following How To Fix Violating Google Quality Guidelines to learn more about how important it is to perform well on SEO and respect Google’s policies.
- Here is a link to google seo information that will put you on the right track.
- Site SEO Analysis is a website dedicated to providing free search engine optimization (SEO) reviews of web pages and entire websites.
- Internet Marketing Ninjas is an Internet Marketing Services and Tools established since 1999. It has many tools, too many to mention. Try this absolutely important website and you will know what I mean. I would add this to your SEO arsenal set of tools.
- Another link you might like to check is 11 Questions to Ask an SEO Agency before you hire them.
Free SEO And Other Online Tools
- Gooble Mobile Friendly Tool This test will analyze a URL and report if the page has a mobile-friendly design. (Website Quote)
- experte mobile friendly = With the EXPERTE.com Bulk Mobile Friendly Test you can check if all your (sub) pages are optimized for mobile devices. Instead of just checking the homepage, our tool crawls the whole website and checks up to 500 subpages. (Website Quote)
- W3C CSS Validator This tool will help you validate the CSS of a webpage.
- W3 HTML Validator This tool will help you validate the HTML of a webpage.
- Zippy Keyword Density Check the density for any keyword in the webpage.
- Moz Tools For Link Building These free moz tools will analyze your website or webpage links and help you improve your link building technique.
I hope the above information helps you achieve a great SEO rank for your site.
Click on the following URL Security to continue with the setup.
Note: You can also check my WordPress setup tutorials. I am constantly adding new ones.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time so keep coming back for the latest.
First Time Blogging Using WordPress List: