The following Easy WP SMTP Plugin Settings tutorial shows you how to set up SMTP server in your site to easily send outgoing e-mails.
Last Updated: January 24, 2019
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
There are times that your server might not work well with your outgoing e-mails. That is when you need Easy WP SMTP plugin. This little but powerful plugin will help you get all your outgoing e-mails to their destination. This plugin will also help you to prevent your emails from going into the junk/spam folder of the recipients.
Easy WP SMTP 1.3.8 changelog.
- Set reasonable timeout for SMTP server connection attempt. This prevents admin area from being locked up for too long if your SMTP server refuses connections.
- Added spinner to indicate that test email is being sent.
- “Send Test Email” button is now disabled if there are unsaved settings changes.
- Minor settings page adjustments.
What You need:
- Easy WP SMTP plugin.
Easy WP SMTP Tutorials:
Easy WP SMTP Plugin Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> Easy WP SMTP as illustrated in the following image to start setting up the plugin.
Step 2 ) The following image shows you the three settings tab in the plugin.
Easy WP SMTP Admin Settings Tabs
- SMTP Settings
- Additional Settings
- Test Email
Step 3 ) The following image SMTP Configuration Settings allows you to setup and configure the following settings in the plugin.
SMTP Configuration Settings
- From Email Address
- From Name = You can enable the following feature Force From Name Replacement. When enabled, the plugin will set the above From Name for each email. Disable it if you’re using contact form plugins, it will prevent the plugin from replacing form submitter’s name when contact email is sent.
If email’s From Name is empty, the plugin will set the above value regardless.
- Reply-To Email Address
- SMTP Host
SMTP Server Settings
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to enable and set up the following options.
SMTP Server Settings
- Type of Encryption
- SMTP Port
- SMTP Authentication
- SMTP Username
- SMTP Password
- Click on Save Changes button once you are finish with your settings.
That is all you need to do to set up an SMTP server for the outgoing e-mails in your site.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.