The following Easy WP SMTP Plugin Settings tutorial shows you how to set up SMTP server in your site to easily send outgoing emails.
Last Updated: February 28, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
There are times that your server might not work well with your outgoing emails. That is when you need Easy WP SMTP plugin. This little but powerful plugin will help you get all your outgoing e-mails to their destination. This plugin will also help you to prevent your emails from going into the junk/spam folder of the recipients.
Easy WP SMTP 220.127.116.11 changelog.
- Settings are exported in JSON format now.
- Added additional sanitization to some actions on the settings page.
- Regenerated .pot file.
To Do List:
- GMail will be requiring account authentication using OAuth by Feb next year. Will you be modifying Easy SMTP to use OAuth? The developers will look into this when the time comes. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
What You need:
- Easy WP SMTP plugin.
Easy WP SMTP Tutorials:
Easy WP SMTP Plugin Settings
Step 1 ) When you install and activate the plugin for the first time, you will see the following message displayed. This message won’t go away until you complete your settings.
Please configure your SMTP credentials in the settings menu in order to send email using Easy WP SMTP plugin.
Step 2 ) Go to Settings -> Easy WP SMTP as illustrated in the following image to start setting up the plugin.
Step 3 ) The following image shows you the three settings tab in the plugin.
Easy WP SMTP Admin Settings Tabs
- SMTP Settings
- Additional Settings
- Test Email
Step 4 ) The following image SMTP Configuration Settings allows you to setup and configure the following settings in the plugin.
SMTP Configuration Settings
- From Email Address
- From Name = You can enable the following feature Force From Name Replacement. When enabled, the plugin will set the above From Name for each email. Disable it if you’re using contact form plugins, it will prevent the plugin from replacing form submitter’s name when contact email is sent. If email’s From Name is empty, the plugin will set the above value regardless.
- Reply-To Email Address
- SMTP Host
SMTP Server Settings
Step 5 ) The following image allows you to enable and set up the following options.
SMTP Server Settings
- Type of Encryption
- SMTP Port
- SMTP Authentication
- SMTP Username
- SMTP Password
- Click on Save Changes button once you are finish with your settings.
That is all you need to do to set up an SMTP server for the outgoing emails in your site.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.