How To Setup Google AdSense tutorial shows you how to set up Google ads and display the ads in your site by copying and pasting the code.
Last Updated: March 24, 2019
Latest News: I updated the information.
This tutorial is designed for beginners as well as advanced users. This will those who have never set up Google ads and never added the code to their website.
- A Google Adsense Account
How To Setup Google AdSense
Step 1 ) Log into Google Adsense Account to start setting up Google AdSense.
Step 2 ) Go to My ads -> Content -> Ad units -> New ad unit, to start adding your new ad units. You can have as many as you like. Make sure you name each unit accordingly.
Step 3 ) Select from one of the following ads for your site.
Type Of Ads
- Text & display ads
- Matched content
- In-feed ads
- In-article ads
Step 4 ) For this tutorial I chose Text & display ads. The following image allows you to set up the following options.
Text & display ads Options
- Ad size = Nowadays most people select Showing Responsive. This works on any device in the market, which includes laptops, tablets, smartphone etc. It also helps if your website’s theme or template is also responsive. Selecting this options is also what Google recommends. If you look at the image you can see an image that looks like a smartphone.
Step 4-a ) The following is a list of all the different sizes you can choose from.
- Horizontal banner
- Vertical banner
- Custom size
- Link ads
Step 4-b ) The following image allows you to select one of the following styles templates.
- Dark blue reverse
- Splash of color
- Classic grey
- High-contrast black
- High-contrast white
- Modern white
Google Adsense Text Style
Step 4-c ) The following image allows you to set up the Text style. It also has a screen on the left that allows you to view your setting.
- Style name
- Font family
- Font size
Step 4-d ) The following image Ad type allows you to select one of the following options.
Ad type Options
- Text & display ads (This one is highly recommended)
- Display ads only
- Text ads only
Step 4-e ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Custom channels = You need to create channels so that your ads will have something to display
- Backup ads
- Click on Save and get code button when you have completed the settings
Step 5 ) The following image shows you the code you need to copy and paste into your website. Make sure you copy the code correctly.
Step 6 ) There are other areas that you might also like to adjust in your adsense account. The following is a list of a couple of settings you might like to check.
Other Adsense Options
- Custom channels
- URL channels
- Allow & block ads
Step 7 ) Once you have completed everything and added the code to your site. Check to make sure he following is correct.
Google Adsense Status Check
- The ad created is currently active.
- The site you are adding the code too is also added to your Google Adsense account. Go to Sites -> Overview to check this.
That is all you need to do to create your Google Ads, copy and paste the code into your website.
If you have a WordPress website, then you might be interested in the following URLs.
- How To Add Google Adsense to WordPress
- Adding Adsense To Suffusion Using Shortcodes = If you are using Suffusion theme.
I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial. I will be adding more information soon.
More Google Tutorials:
It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Jewel Rahman for your comment.