WP Express Checkout Add New Product shows you how to add new products in your site using a shortcode and more.
Last Updated: December 7, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
In this tutorial I will show you how simple it is to sell products in your site using a shortcode. There are a few settings and options you can enable and set up for the product. Some of these settings are optional.
What You Need:
WP Express Checkout Plugin Tutorials:
WP Express Checkout Add New Product
Step 1 ) Go to WP Express Checkout -> Add New Product to start adding products in your site. The first action to take is to give your product a name and add a description to your product. This is similar to adding new pages and posts in your site.
Step 2 ) The following is a list of options available for each product you add to your site. Make sure you read and understand how each feature works.
Note: You can drag and drop each feature up or down in the new product page.
New Products Options List
- Download URL
- Product Thumbnail
- Thank You Page URL
- Shipping & Tax
- Appearance Related
Step 3 ) The following image Price allows you to set up the following options.
- Allow customers to enter amount
Step 4 ) The following image Variations allows you to set up the following options.
Note: Click on the following documentation creating-product-with-variations to learn more.
- Use only variations to construct final product price
- Click on Create Group button to start creating the price variations for your products.
Step 4-a ) The following image allows you to set up and manage the following options.
Create Group Options
- Group Name:
- Display As:
- Price Mod
- Product URL = You can click on the Select from Media Library button.
- Click on Add Variation button to add new product variations.
- Click on Create Group button when you finish setting up your product variations.
Step 5 ) The following image Quantity allows you to set up the following options.
- Allow customers to specify quantity
Step 6 ) The following image Download URL allows you to set up the following options.
- URL of your product.
- Click on Select File button.
Step 7 ) The following image Product Thumbnail allows you to set up the following options.
- URL of your product thumbnail.
- Click on Select Image button. You can also click on Remove Image button to remove the image URL.
Shipping & Tax
Step 8 ) The following image Shipping & Tax allows you to set up the following options.
Shipping & Tax
- Shipping Cost
- Tax (%)
Step 9 ) The following image Appearance Related allows you to set up the following options.
- Button Type
Step 10 ) The following image Shortcode provides the following information you can use to add the product to your page or post.
- Shortcode = Use this shortcode to display this product in a post or page. Note: Check the following link creating and displaying a product to learn more.
Note: The product_id=”” will be different in your site.
Step 11 ) The following image Publish allows you to manage when you will publish your product.
Note: Click the following URL Understand WordPress Posts Settings to learn how to set up and publish posts and pages.
- Click on Save Draft button. Or you can click on Preview button.
That is all you need to do to add a new product in your site using a shortcode.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.