Revision Update: I have changed some wording, removed and changed the avatar plugin and added a new avatar plugin which I am currently using. I have also added links to suffusion shortcode plugin.
How To Add Suffusion Author Short Codes post teaches you to display suffusion author short codes in pages and or post.
This is a great method for sharing with your visitors a bit about the author of a page or post.
Before we begin you need to install an avatar plugin if you want to display an authors photo. The plugin that I am currently using is WP User Avatar. There are many other plugins which I am sure you can use. However this plugin is currently being updated. The report by users is very good.
You will also need to install Suffusion Shortcodes just in case in the future you decide to change themes.
Hint: Click on an image to view a larger size image.
Short Codes Tutorial:
1) After you have installed the avatar plugin go to Appearance >> Suffusion Options >> Back-end >> User Profiles. See image below.
Very Important: If you select any of the social networks below, you must enter the URL on your User profile.
2) Select additional social networks. See image below.
3) Select whether or not to add an author’s heading, display a gravatar, set the size and alignment. See image below.
4) Add some Author information content. See image below.
5) The end result showing the options above in a post. See image below.
Hint: Remember to save all work.
Remember: Add the URL for the social network you selected on step 1) to the user profile or else it will display your post page and not your social network.
There are many more short codes you can add. Here is the list suffusion short codes. The list will show you how to add the different shortcodes to your post or page. If you have any questions please let me know.
Come back for more tutorials.
More suffusion tutorials: