WordPress TinyMCE Advanced Plugin Settings post shows you the different options and buttons you can enable in the plugin to improve the tinymce editor.
Last Updated: October 11, 2018
Most people nowadays have used a word processor to type e-mails or documents. WordPress visual and html editors works in the same way as a word processor. The visual editor works like a WYSIWYG “What You See Is What You Get” editor. The html editor works in raw plain text format. No visual formatting is displayed when using the html editor. Everything you type is displayed in plain raw text format.
In this post you will learn about the different buttons available in the plugin to improve TinyMCE. Enabling the buttons will improve the visual and html editor. To enable the buttons or remove them, all you have to do is drag them between the rows.
TinyMCE Advanced changelog version 4.8.0
- Updated for WordPress 4.9.8 and TinyMCE 4.8.0.
Note: You might like to check the following URL TinyMCE to learn more about WordPress TinyMCE editor.
What You Need:
WordPress TinyMCE Advanced Plugin Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> TinyMCE Advanced -> Editor Settings to begin adding and removing buttons and enabling the plugins options.
Step 2 ) The following image Editor Settings displays the default TinyMCE Advanced buttons added to the editor when you first install the plugin.
Note: To enable the buttons or remove them, all you have to do is drag them between the rows.
TinyMCE Advanced Default Buttons
- Enable the editor menu.
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Align left
- Align center
- Align right
- Insert/edit link
- Remove link
- Font Family
- Font Sizes
- Decrease indent
- Increase indent
- Paste as text
- Clear formatting
- Special character
- Insert Read More tag
- Text color
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Step 3 ) The following image Unused Buttons illustrates all the buttons currently not used. You can see there are plenty of buttons for you to choose from to help you edit your posts and pages.
- Underline, Strikethrough, Justify
- Formats, Cut, Copy
- Paste, Subsript, Superscript
- Horizontal line, Insert/edit image, Print
- Anchor, Find and Replace, Show blocks
- Show invisible characters, Source code, Code
- Fullscreen, Insert date/time, Insert/edit video
- Nonebreaking space, Left to right, Right to left
- Emoticons, Background color, Toolbar toggle
- Page break, Mark
Step 4 ) The following image Options allows you to enable the following options.
- Line Style Options
- Context Menu
- Alternative link dialog
- Font sizes
Step 5 ) The following image Advanced Options allows you to enable the following options. Please make sure that you carefully read what each option does.
- Create CSS classes menu.
- Keep paragraph tags.
- Enable pasting of image source.
Step 6 ) The following image Administration allows you to enable the following options.
Settings import and export
- Click on Export Settings button to export your settings.
- Click on Import Settings button to import your settings.
Enable the editor enhancements for:
- The main editor (Add New and Edit posts and pages)
- Other editors in wp-admin
- Editors on the front end of the site
- Click on Restore Default Settings button to revert back to the default settings.
- Click on Save Changes button to save your settings when you are finish configuring the plugin.
That is how simple it is to set up TinyMCE Advanced plugin.
To learn more about the visual editor, click on the following URL WordPress Posts Text Formatting Alignment.
If you have any questions please let me know.