First Time Blogging Web Host covers information about host and which one is the best one for you.
Last Updated: August 14, 2017
Latest News: I have added another link to the list below.
Photo by woodsy from Rgbstock website.
First Time Blogging Web Host Steps
There are many hosting companies that will do a great job and are very economical. My suggestion is to start with a shared hosting account. Once your blog or website becomes big and you start to get a lot of traffic then you will probably have to change to a vps, dedicated server or even update your shared host account if it is available.
I have been using Justhost for many years and it is one of the cheapest hosting companies on the market and it has won many awards.
But you might prefer a different host. I have added a list of the hosting companies I recommend. Please click on one from the list below. The following links are my affiliate links so if you click on any link you will also help support my blog.
Hint: Justhost, bluehost and Hostgator are sister companies.
- Click justhost to sign up for an account.
- Click Bluehost, since they are at the top of the list in wordpress.org website.
- Click Inmotionhosting, This hosting company is recommended by many website developers.
- Click Hostgator many have recommended this host company.
- Click Dreamhost is very reliable and has many different plans i.e. shared host, VPS host, dedicated server and cloud.
- Click WP Engine is a hassle-free wordpress hosting environment which helps you with your speed, security, support and it is fully managed.
You will then be asked to enter a domain name “remember the domain name you selected in step 2” fill in all the details and submit your application. You will receive an e-mail providing you with all the settings for the server, ftp account and other information. Remember that it takes some hours before your website appears on the internet.
Many choose to register their domain names with another company. If they ever decide to change host the process will be much simpler. Click on the following link:
Cheap Domain Names
.com.au, .com, .net and many more!
Click on the following URL WordPress Setup to continue with the setup.
You can also check my WordPress setup tutorials. I am constantly adding new ones.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time so keep coming back for the latest.
First Time Blogging Using WordPress List: