Customize WordPress Affiliates Manager Messaging System shows you how to edit the messaging system displayed when new affiliates sign up and more.
Last Updated: April 28, 2019
Latest News: I updated the information below.
The following tutorial shows you how edit and customize the messages displayed on the site or sent via e-mail to the new affiliates.
Note: You can add HTML tags to the messages displayed in the site but not the e-mails submitted. The plugin developers have plans to allow HTML tags in the e-mails submitted. This is in their todo plan for a future release.
Customize WordPress Affiliates Manager Messaging System
Step 1 ) Go to Affiliates -> Settings -> Messaging to set up the following messages. These messages are displayed for different reasons. You can read more about each message function below.
Note: The following URL affiliates-manager-email-tags shares a list of e-mail tags you can use in the following affiliate messages.
- affiliate_application_approved = Displayed to user at logon if affiliate STATUS = APPROVED
- affiliate_application_declined = Displayed to user at logon if affiliate STATUS = DECLINED
- affiliate_application_pending = Displayed to user at logon if affiliate STATUS = PENDING
- affiliate_application_submitted = Displayed to user after successfully submitting the affiliate registration form
- affiliate_application_submitted_email = Body of e-mail sent to the affiliate immediately after submitting their application.
- affiliate_application_declined_email = Body of e-mail sent to the affiliate immediately following their application being declined.
- aff_app_submitted_auto_approved = Displayed to a newly registered affiliate if automatic affiliate approval option is enabled.
- affiliate_application_approved_email = Body of e-mail sent to a newly registered affiliate immediately following their application being approved. Note: A different e-mail is sent if you add a new affiliate while logged in. You can read more about it in Step 5 ) below.
- affiliate_commission_notification_email = Body of e-mail sent to the affiliate immediately after earning a commission.
Affiliates Manager Messaging System
Step 2 ) The following image Messaging displays the affiliate application approved message. You can click on the edit pencil to edit the displayed message. The following message is a WEB type message.
Step 3 ) The following image displays the content: for the affiliate application approved message. You can customize this message to suit your sites specs. You can also use HTML tags if you need to. Once you have finished editing the message, make sure you click on Ok button to save the changes.
Step 4 ) When you click on Payment tab you can set up the following options.
- Enable PayPal Mass Pay ™
Customize Messaging System Strings
Step 5 ) When you add a new affiliate while logged in as admin and approve it, the affiliate will receive the following e-mail message. This also applies if the user already has a WordPress User account in your site.
New affiliate registration for <site name:> has been approved!
Log into the site with your existing account and get started.
The admin will receive the following message.
New affiliate registration on your site Test Site:
Note: Click on the following URL how-to-customize-various-text-messages-displayed-by-affiliates-manager if you want to learn how to edit the stings in the messages above.
That is all you have to do to edit the messaging system in the plugin.
If you have any questions please let me know.
WP Affiliates Manager Tutorials List