Recommended Tools For Windows post provides a list of tools, utilities, software and more to help you run a safe and secure Windows environment.
Last Updated: September 22, 2020
Latest Update: Updated the documentation.
After so many years as an IT technician, I decided to share a list of tools, utilities, software, programs and more that I recommend to use at home. The following list of tools will help you keep a safe and secure Windows operating system functioning correctly all year long. Some are free and some are commercial software.
This is list will grow as I find more tools I know will help you. Most of these tools with the exception of the paid ones, I have tested in the following Windows versions, Windows 2000, XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Note: Some of these tools also work in different operating systems like Mac and Linux.
Important: Always backup your data to an external hard disk before using any partitioning tool.
Recommendation Tools For Windows
- Comodo A powerful antivirus security tool and more for your computer / laptop.
- AVG Another powerful antivirus software that helps you keep your windows operating system clean.
- Spybot This tool searches and destroys adware, malware and spyware in your computer.
- Virus Total VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, Trojans, and all kinds of malware.
- Malwarebytes This is one of the most powerful malware removal tool I have used before. There is a free version and a premium version. They also provide the following tool AdwCleaner, for home users or technicians to help you keep your computer/ laptop clean.
- AOMEI Backupper Standard, an easy yet powerful backup software.
- Easeus Backup Software This is my favourite backup tool.
- Skype: Install Skype, add your friends as contacts, then call, video call and instant message with them for free. Call people who aren’t on Skype too, at really low rates.
- Ccleaner This tool helps you keep a clean windows environment by deleting the rubbish and maintain a healthy registry and more.
Cloning And Partitioning
- AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, a feature-rich partition manager.
- Partedmagic This set of tools are used for editing partitions and troubleshooting other issues that might arise in windows or linux.
- Defraggler This tool helps you defrag your hard dick.
- If you are looking for extra fonts try dafont, I am sure they will have the font you are looking for.
- VLC Media Player: VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
- iTunes: iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- LibraOffice: LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base……..Latest Version LibreOffice 6 Have a look at what’s new in this release LibreOffice 6.
- Apache Openofficeorg: OpenOffice.org is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. Latest Version Openoffice 4.1.5. Have a look at what’s new in this latest release Openoffice 4.1.5
- Free PDF Printer: The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application. This program is FREEWARE with limitations, which means that there is a FREE version for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertising or popups. For commercial applications with more than 10 users there are commercial versions available with advanced features. “Quoted from the website – all credits goes to BullZip.com”
Remote Support Software
- Remote Assistant: MSP360™ Remote Assistant is a remote desktop software that allows to quickly and securely connect to remote computers and provide support over the internet. MSP360™ Remote Assistant is available absolutely free of charge.
- Advanced SystemCare: A very powerful tool to use in Windows. It helps you keep windows clean, updated, free of issues and more. The following two tools are important as well.
DVD, Music, YouTube Tools
- DvdVideoSoft: DVDVideoSoft is an independent developer of multimedia software programs for video, audio, photo and image processing. The company offers 40+ safe, reliable and functional applications to download videos from YouTube and convert to mp3, upload to YouTube and Facebook, edit and convert audio and video files between different formats, burn CD, DVD discs, create DVDs, convert DVDs to video files, convert and resize images, record screen activities and make screenshots, convert video to playback on different devices, make 3D pictures and videos.
Software Management Suite
- Filehippo It helps you monitor some of the tools, utilities, programs and more installed in your computer/ laptop running Windows.
Laptop Repairs And Information
- LaptopInventory: This website will teach you and help you with many of your laptop issues. It also sells parts for nearly all the different laptop products in the market. LaptopInventory has thousands of Laptop parts and millions of Replacement notebook parts in stock ready to ship.
- Thunderbird Thunderbird is an e-mail client that many use.
- Seamonkey This is the one I currently use and love it. It also has an e-mail client. So that means that you can browse the internet as well as send and receive e-mails within the one browser.
Portable Apps/ Tools Websites
If you like most that like to carry a usb stick with tools then these sites are for you. They have the following available, tools, utilities, games, security and much more.
If you need any help with the list above, just send me an e-mail using my contact form.
Return Back To: