WordPress Simple Shopping Cart tutorial shows you how to setup a very simple shopping cart. Have you ever wanted to sell some items, products or even some digital media but did not want or need a full e-commerce shopping plugin? Then this is the plugin for you, it is simple to setup and no need for any fancy settings.
Last Updated: September 4, 2016
Latest Update: I have updated the changelog.
WordPress PayPal Shopping Cart Plugin 4.2.7 changelog
- Added a new filter for the cart icon image (wspsc_cart_icon_image_src). It can be used to customize the cart icon image.
- Added escaping for the cart link parameter.
Also in version 3.9.3 a few more functions were added which gives you more output control.
- Added a new function for getting the total cart item quantity (wpspc_get_total_cart_qty).
- Added a new function to get the sub total amount of the cart (wpspc_get_total_cart_sub_total).
WordPress Simple Shopping Cart Tutorials:
- Extra Settings
- Email Settings
- PayPal Language Encoding
- Create A Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
- PayPal Redirect URL
- Discount Coupon
- Customize Checkout Buttons
Important: This is not a full featured e-commerce plugin. It is only meant for small shops and individual selling of items in your website or blog.
WordPress Simple Shopping Cart Tutorial Steps
Step 1 ) Change the settings according to your needs. See images below.
Step 2 ) The image below illustrates the basic shortcodes you can use.
Information: The following shortcode “wp_cart_display_product” allows you to display a product box on the fly.
[ wp_cart_display_product name=”Add the name of the product here” price=”add a value here” thumbnail=”Full product URL here” description=”Add a product description here” ]
Step 3 ) The following are settings you need to add especially your PayPal e-mail address. You also have the Currency, Currency Symbol and Base Shipping Cost if you want to add it.
Step 4 ) I have added Free Shipping for Orders Over $25 just to illustrate it here for the purpose of this tutorial.
The following list shows you other settings you can enable and configure.
- Free Shipping for Orders Over
- Must Collect Shipping Address on PayPal
- Use PayPal Profile Based Shipping
- Add to Cart button text or Image
- Return URL
- Cancel URL (Added in version 4.1.7)
Step 5 ) The following list allows you to set up the following options.
- Product Page URL
- Automatic redirection to checkout page = Enter a URL for the page if selected
- Open PayPal Checkout Page in a New Tab (Added in version 3.9.7)
- Reset Cart After Redirection to Return page
- Hide Shopping Cart Image
- Customize the Note to Seller Text
- Custom Checkout Page Style Name (Added in version 3.9.6)
- Use Strict PayPal Email Address Checking (Added in version 4.0.2)
- Disable Nonce Check for Add to Cart (Added in version 4.2.0)
- Enable Use WP Affiliated Platform
Step 6 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug (Updated in version 4.1.7)
- Enable Sandbox Testing
- Finally when you are happy with your settings click on Update Options button.
Click on the following link Extra Settings to complete the next part of the tutorial.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.