WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart General Settings shows you how to setup the general settings in the cart and much more.
Last Updated: October 6, 2019
Latest News: I updated the documentation.
This simple shopping cart plugin allows you to sell products and even digital media. This is not a full e-commerce shopping plugin. This plugin is kept simple and easy to mange. The developers have started to develop addons at the request of users and to give it more power and flexibility.
It is simple to setup, not too many options to enable but at the same time powerful enough to sell online.
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart General Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Simple Cart to start setting up the shopping cart plugin. The following image shows you the cart admin menu. This allows you to set up and configure the following options.
Step 2 ) Go to Simple Cart -> Settings -> General Settings as illustrated in the following image to start reading the guide and start setting up the following options.
- Quick Usage Guide
- PayPal and Shopping Cart Settings
- Testing and Debugging Settings
Quick Usage Guide
Step 3 ) The image below illustrates the basic shortcodes you need to use to display your shopping cart and start selling.
- [ wp_cart_button name=”Test Product” price=”29.95″]
- [ show_wp_shopping_cart] = This shortcode will only show the cart if there are any items in the cart. The 2nd one will always show the cart (even if the cart is empty).
- [ always_show_wp_shopping_cart] = This shortcode will always show the cart (even if the cart is empty).
Information: The following shortcode [wp_cart_display_product] allows you to display a product box on the fly. Click on the following URL how-to-show-a-product-display-box. to learn more.
[ wp_cart_display_product name=”Add the name of the product here” price=”add a value here” thumbnail=”Full product URL here” description=”Add a product description here” ]
PayPal and Shopping Cart Settings
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
Cart Settings Part 1
- PayPal Email Address = If you don’t add your PayPal e-mail address your shopping cart will not function.
- Shopping Cart title
- Text/Image to Show When Cart Empty = You can use the following parameter (button_text) for the add to cart button shortcode. Check the following documentation for instructions.
- Currency = The currency option below now has a drop down menu with all available currencies.
- Currency Symbol
Step 5 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
Cart Settings Part 2
- Base Shipping Cost
- Free Shipping for Orders Over
- Must Collect Shipping Address on PayPal
- Use PayPal Profile Based Shipping
Step 6 ) The following list allows you to set up the following options.
Cart Settings Part 3
- Add to Cart button text or Image
- Return URL
- Cancel URL
- Product Page URL
Step 7 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
Cart Settings Part 4
- Checkout Page URL = Enter a URL for the page if selected.
- Open PayPal Checkout Page in a New Tab
- Reset Cart After Redirection to Return page
- Hide Shopping Cart Image
Step 8 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
Cart Settings Part 5
- Custom Checkout Page Logo Image = Note: Specify an image URL if you want to customize the paypal checkout page with a custom logo/image. The image URL must be a ‘https’ URL otherwise PayPal will ignore it.
- Use Strict PayPal Email Address Checking
- Disable Nonce Check for Add to Cart
- Customize the Note to Seller Text = Note: PayPal has removed this feature. An addon has been created so you can still collect instructions from customers at the time of checking out. View the addon details
- Use WP Affiliate Platform = Note: Click on the following link WP Affiliated Platform to learn more.
Testing and Debugging Settings
Step 9 ) The following image Testing and Debugging Settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug
- Click on ipn handle debug.txt link to view the log entries.
- Click on Reset Debug Log file button to reset the log file.
- Enable Sandbox Testing
- Click on Update Options button when you finish setting up the general settings.
That is all you need to do to set up the general settings in the plugin.
Click on the following link Advanced Settings to complete the next part of the tutorial.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart List