WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart General Settings shows you how to setup a very simple shopping cart and start selling online.
Last Updated: December 26, 2017
Have you ever wanted to sell some items, products or even some digital media but did not want or need a full e-commerce shopping plugin. If that is what you are looking for, then this is the plugin for you. It is simple to setup, not too many options to enable but at the same time powerful enough to sell online.
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart General Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Simple Cart to start setting up the shopping cart plugin. See images below. The cart admin menu allows you to set up and configure the following options.
Step 2 ) Go to Simple Cart -> Settings -> General Settings to start setting up and reading the following options.
- Quick Usage Guide
- PayPal and Shopping Cart Settings
- Testing and Debugging Settings
Quick Usage Guide
Step 3 ) The image below illustrates the basic shortcodes you need to use to display your shopping cart and start selling.
- [ wp_cart_button name=”Test Procut” price=”29.95″]
- [ show_wp_shopping_cart]
Information: The following shortcode “wp_cart_display_product” allows you to display a product box on the fly. To learn more click on the following URL how-to-show-a-product-display-box.
[ wp_cart_display_product name=”Add the name of the product here” price=”add a value here” thumbnail=”Full product URL here” description=”Add a product description here” ]
PayPal and Shopping Cart Settings
Step 4 ) The following settings are very important especially your PayPal e-mail address. If you don’t add your PayPal e-mail address your shopping cart will not function. You also have the following options you can configure and or enable.
- Shopping Cart title
- Text/Image to Show When Cart Empty = You can use the following parameter (button_text) for the add to cart button shortcode. Check the following documentation for instructions.
- Currency = Added Russian Ruble currency to the currency dropdown option.
- Currency Symbol
- Base Shipping Cost
Currency, Currency Symbol and Base Shipping Cost if you want to add it.
The currency option below now has a drop down menu with all available currencies. (Added in version 4.3.4)
Step 5 ) I have added Free Shipping for Orders Over $25 just to illustrate it here for the purpose of this tutorial.
The following list shows you other settings you can enable and configure.
- Free Shipping for Orders Over
- Must Collect Shipping Address on PayPal
- Use PayPal Profile Based Shipping
- Add to Cart button text or Image
- Return URL
- Cancel URL
Step 6 ) The following list allows you to set up the following options.
- Product Page URL
- Automatic redirection to checkout page = Enter a URL for the page if selected
- Open PayPal Checkout Page in a New Tab
- Reset Cart After Redirection to Return page
- Hide Shopping Cart Image
- Customize the Note to Seller Text = Note: PayPal has removed this feature. An addon has been created so you can still collect instructions from customers at the time of checking out. View the addon details
- Custom Checkout Page Logo Image = Note: Specify an image URL if you want to customize the paypal checkout page with a custom logo/image. The image URL must be a ‘https’ URL otherwise PayPal will ignore it.
- Use Strict PayPal Email Address Checking
- Disable Nonce Check for Add to Cart
- Enable Use WP Affiliated Platform
Testing and Debugging Settings
Step 7 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug
- Enable Sandbox Testing
- Finally when you are happy with your settings click on Update Options button.
Click on the following link Email Settings to complete the next part of the tutorial.
I will be updating this post from time to time. So keep coming back for more.
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart List