Photonic Generic Options shows you how to configure the plugin, change the settings and add custom non bundle ligthbox libraries options.
Last Updated: October 11, 2018
Latest News: I have added more information below in regards to version 2.01.
This post will help set up the generic settings for the plugin to function. These settings control the overall WP Gallery display if you choose this plugin to display your images in your website.
Note: These are simple and easy to follow steps, however you still need to test before you publish your website or blog.
Photonic Generic Options Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Photonic -> Settings -> Generic Options -> Generic settings to start adjusting the settings. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following Generic settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Create a Custom Shortcode
Inbuilt Lightbox libraries
- FancyBox 3
- Image Lightbox
- Non-bundled (You have to provide the JS and CSS links)
Non-bundled Lightbox libraries
Step 3 ) The following are also other settings you can configure.
- Non-bundled Lightbox JS
- Custom Lightbox CSS
- Photonic Lightbox for non-Photonic Images
- Photonic Lightbox for non-Photonic videos (YouTube / Vimeo etc.)
- Disable shortcode editing in Visual Editor
- Nested Shortcodes in parameters
- External Link Handling
Default Gallery Type
Step 4 ) The following allows you to set up a Default Gallery Type.
Default Gallery Type
- WordPress Galleries
Step 5 ) The following option Custom CSS in its own file when enabled allows Photonic to generate a CSS file so that it can be cached to improve the speed of your site.
Step 6 ) The following option Deep Linking If enabled, Photonic will generate a unique URL when photo’s thumbnail is clicked. You have three options to choose from.
- No deeplinking
- Enable deeplinking, but don’t add links for clicked images to browser history
- Enable deeplinking, and add links for clicked images to browser history
- Social media integration = If deep linking is enabled, Photonic shows social media buttons on the lightbox to facilitate sharing. Select this option to disable social sharing.
Step 7 ) The following is a list of options you can enable as well.
- Performance logging
- Turn off SSL verification in calls
Step 8 ) At the end of the settings you have three buttons to choose from.
- Save Page Generic settings
- Reset Page Generic settings
- Delete all options
Click on the following URL Photonic Generic Options Layouts.
This tutorial will be updated from time to time in accordance to any new changes made by Sayontan Sinha the developer.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Go Back To Photonic Plugin Tutorial List: