Website Design Tools posts provides a list of website design tools that will help you with your web developing projects and more.
Last Updated: November 29, 2019
Latest News: Updated the information.
KompoZer is a good HTML open source editor that I am very fond off. When I first started learning HTML and CSS I used KompoZer. You can learn more about KompoZer in the following link KompoZer Web tutorial. (Unfortunately it looks like they stopped this project.)
Website Design Tools
CMS “Content Management System”
- Joomla : Is one of the world’s most popular open source CMS.
- WordPress: This is my preferred CMS and the one I use for all my projects. You can create beautiful websites and blogs. I like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. You can check my wordpress tutorials to help you get started.
HTML and “WYSIWYG” Editors
- Kompozer: Is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.
- BlueGriffon: Is a new WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web. Powered by Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox, it’s a modern and robust solution to edit Web pages in conformance to the latest Web Standards.
HTML, PHP and other languages editors
- Pspad: Is a freeware programmer’s editor for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
FTP “File Transfer Protocol”
- Filezilla: Is one of the best free FTP solutions in the market. Both a client and a server are available. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License
- Aptana: The world’s most powerful open-source web development IDE just got better. Rebuilt from the ground-up. It’s now much faster, customizable and includes new features to help you be more productive.
- Ten = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Ten changelog.
- Eleven = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Eleven changelog.
- Twelve = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Twelve changelog.
- Thirteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Thirteen changelog.
- Fourteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Fourteen changelog.
- Fifteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Fifteen changelog.
- Sixteen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Sixteen changelog.
- Seventeen = To learn more about the latest version click on Twenty Seventeen changelog.
I hope the list above helps you with your projects.
If you have any question please let me know. I will update this list from time to time so make sure you visit this page again.