Oct 042011
 

Last Updated: August 03, 2015

Can only edit an article once in Joomla 1.7 and WordPress 3.2.1 will show you how to fix this issue. However you should be running Joomla 3 and above.

Latest News: I have updated the information below.

I have had this problem and many have also reported this issue with Joomla 1.6, 1.7 and even with WordPress. It appears that when you try to edit an article and in some cases a menu or a post in WordPress your browsers sits and does nothing and the only way out of this is by refreshing your browser. I spent many days trying to work out this issue, which it just seem to appear out of the blue :( I call this a gremlin which seems to appear when you less expected :)

The following is what I did to work out this issue.

  1. I started to uninstall many programs
  2. I unistall chrome and revert back to an early version of Firefox 6.0.2
  3. Tested the connection on a adsl broadband and it worked fine after I created another account and deleted my old profile.
  4. Tested the connection on wireless broadband and again the issue continued
  5. Uninstall bigponds connection manager. Downloaded the latest version from the internet and installed it.
  6. Tested saving a post in WordPress and the same issue continued.
  7. Change the settings in Firefox proxy and cache and still the same issue.
  8. Tested IE, Chrome, Firefox and SeaMonkey and still the same issue.
  9. Finally I read an article on the Microsoft forum that people using Windows 7 with SP1 installed had issues with the browsers. So I decided to uninstall SP1 and voila the problem is gone for now. I have run many test and so far it seems to be working fine.

I will keep you all posted if there are any changes. So far so good :)

Latest update:

Hello I am back with some more testing, please be aware that this might not resolve your problem. After testing all of the above, it was working well without a problem. Then I was asked to update the flash plugin in Firefox and so I did.

  • The plugin that I had installed was Flash Player 10.3.183.10 none (IE)
  • Then I updated it to the latest version Flash Player 11.0.1.152 none (IE)

So I started testing and found that the issue came back. It kind of made sense to me, so I uninstalled Flash Player 11.0.1.152 none (IE) and reinstalled Flash Player 10.3.183.10 none (IE) and did some testing. This worked for me but I will keep on testing.

I hope this helps everyone here regardless whether they are using a Mac, Windows or Linux.

Kind regards

These are my specifications:

  • Lenovo T61 laptop
  • Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Intel Core 2 Duo cpu T7300@ 2.00ghz
  • 3 Gigs of ram
  • 120 g hard disk

Browsers “The latest version for all browsers below except IE”

  • IE
  • Firefox
  • SeaMonkey
  • Chrome

I hope the above works for you. I have not done any testing on linux or mac. If you have any question just leave a comment here.

Kind regards

Manuel Ballesta RuizManuel Ballesta Ruiz is a web developer, Blogger and WordPress Enthusiast.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)