WP Super Cache Plugin Settings shows you how to enable and clear your cache settings and use other plugins and links to help improve your sites speed.
Last Updated: May 10, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
There are many cache plugins in WordPress repository. WP Super Cache is one of the most popular cache plugins. It is easy to setup and use. It has many good reviews and it is up to date with the latest WordPress version.
The following tutorial talks about enabling the plugin, clearing the cache pages, using other plugins and online services.
WP Super Cache 1.6.5 Changelog
- Check advanced-cache.php was created by the plugin before modifying/deleting it. (#666)
- When saving settings, save blank lines. Fixes problems with WP_CACHE and WPCACHEHOME in wp-config.php. Related to #652. (#667)
- Update outdated code and use is_multisite() (#600)
- Fix the delete cache button in the admin bar. (#603)
- Code cleanup in #602
- Use get_post_status instead of post_status (#623)
- Fixes button – Update Direct Pages (#622)
- Removes apache_response_headers and uses only headers_list (#618)
- Function is_site_admin has been deprecated (#611)
- Fixes action urls in wp_cache_manager (#610)
- Remove the link to the HibbsLupusTrust tweet. (#635)
- Don’t load wp-cache-config.php if it’s already loaded (#605)
- PHPCS fixes and optimization for plugins/domain-mapping.php (#615)
- Introduces PHP_VERSION_ID for faster checking (#604)
- Fixes regex and optimizes ossdl-cdn.php (#596)
- Only update new settings and use a temporary file to avoid corruption. (#652)
- Serve cached files to rejected user agents, don’t cache them. (#658)
- Combine multiple headers with the same name (#641)
- Open ‘Delete Cache’ link in same window (#656)
- Promote the Jetpack Site Accelerator on the CDN page. (#636)
What You Need:
WP Super Cache Tutorials:
WP Super Cache Plugin Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> WP Super Cache to start setting the plugins. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image displays all the different tabs available for you to manage and setup in WP Super Cache plugin.
Easy Tab Settings
Step 3 ) The following image Easy tab admin settings allows you to carry out the following actions.
- Caching On (Recommended)
- Caching Off
- Click on Update Status button.
Delete Cached Pages
- Click on Delete Cache button to delete all cached pages currently created in the plugin.
- Compute the cache size
Step 3-a ) Once you enable easy cache in your site, you need to run a test by clicking on Test Cache button. The following image displays the results of a test run performed in a site. The test results are OK. This tells you that it is okay to go ahead and configure the plugin.
Note: This is very important to carry out once you enable the plugin. This will let you know if there are issues or not. Make sure you read the note about cloudflare and other front-end proxy service.
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to select more options to speed up your site. You can also cache the images in your site using a CDN service.
More Site Speed Tools
- Use the Debug tab for diagnostics.
- Check out the support forum and FAQ.
- Visit the plugin home page.
- Try out the development version for the latest fixes (changelog).
You can also rate the plugin via the following link rate us.
Recommended Links and Plugins
Step 5 ) The following image Recommended Links and Plugins provides information about other plugins and services that can also help you improve your sites speed.
Recommended Links and Plugins
- Yahoo! Yslow
- Use Google Libraries
- Advanced users only: Install an object cache. Choose from Memcached, XCache, eAcccelerator and others.
- Cron View
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.