WordPress Speed Booster Pack Advanced Settings post shows you how to exclude script handle from being moved to the footer and more.
Last Updated: May 2, 2020
Latest News: Updated the documentation.
There are times that your site might not like moving certain scripts to the footer. In this post you will learn how to exclude script handle from being moved to the footer and script files from being deferred. This is important if your site has scripts that don’t like to be moved to the footer because it causes errors in the site.
Note: Read the warning in red carefully before you go ahead and start enabling these features without a backup plan in place.
What you need:
Speed Booster Pack Tutorials
WordPress Speed Booster Pack Advanced Settings
Step 1 ) The following image Advanced tab allows you to enable the following options.
Advanced Optimizations Settings
- Optimize Google Fonts
- Enable instant.page = Click the following link instant.page to learn more about this feature.
- WooCommerce: Disable cart fragments
- (BETA) Remove WooCommerce scripts in non-WC pages
- (BETA) WooCommerce: Disable password strength meter
- Remove Google Maps
- Remove REST API Links
- Remove all RSS feed links = Note: This removes all RSS feed links from the header including some extraneous feeds, but your own RSS feed will still be available to visitors. Check the following forum post to learn more.
- Minify HTML
Step 2 ) The following image Lazy Load tab allows you to enable the following options.
Lazy Load Settings
- (BETA) Enable lazy loading of images, videos and iframes
- Exclude assets from lazy load
Note: Make sure you read the note in the red box before you enable this feature.
- Move scripts to footer
- Exclude scripts from being moved to the footer by entering an exclusion rule per line. Each line will be taken as a separate exclusion rule; you can exclude URLs, parts of URLs or parts of inline scripts. DON’T enter whole blocks of inline scripts!
Exclude scripts from being deferred
Step 4 ) Coming back soon!
Note: This feature was removed in version 3.8.5. The developers are rewriting this feature from scratch to improve its functionality.
Step 5 ) The following image CSS Optimization allows you to enable the following options.
CSS Optimization Settings
- Inline all CSS
- Minify all (previously) inlined CSS
- Move all inlined CSS into the footer
- The Exclude styles from being inlined and/or minified option: allows you to excludes styles from being inlined and/ or minified. Enter one per line, the handles of CSS or the final part of the style URL.
PreBoost: Asset Preloader
Step 6 ) The following image PreBoost: Asset Preloader allows you to enter full URLs of the assets you want to preload. One URL per line. Click on Save Changes button when you finish setting up the advanced options.
If you move all the scripts to the footer, deferring doesn’t have much effect (if any), since the DOM is already pretty much all loaded and there’s no more render blocking resources being loaded.
What I’m basically trying to say is that they should be mutually exclusive and use one or the other.
That is all you need to do to exclude scripts from being moved to the footer and from being deferred.
Note: Take care when adding scripts in the fields above. If you enter the wrong script file or handle it can cause errors.
Click on the following URL WordPress Speed Booster Pack Optimize Site Steps to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time. Make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.