MailPoet Newsletters Design Settings shows you how to edit your newsletters using the tools provided with the plugin.
Last Updated: January 12, 2018
When it comes to designing your newsletters you always want a design that matches your theme and or your services. This post will show you where you need to go to make these changes. The plugin also has many free themes for you to choose from. Of course if you don’t like the free themes you an always purchase the Pro version which comes with more themes.
However in some cases all it takes is a bit of imagination and trial and error to configure your newsletter how you want. Simply by selecting a theme style and then playing around with the settings.
MailPoet Newsletters Design Settings
Step 1 ) Go to MailPoet -> Newsletters and select or create your newsletter. If you already have one created simply click on Edit. Once your newsletters is displayed you will see the following tabs on the right side of the newsletter. See image below.
You have 4 tabs for you to work with which helps you make changes to your theme.
Step 2 ) The Content tab in the tools control what you want to display. Remember these are drag and drop features you can add to your news letter. This function provides a lot of flexibility and customization when it comes to displaying the content in your news letter. The content tab has the following widgets “As illustrated in the image above” ready to be added to your newsletter.
- Titles & post
- WordPress post
- Social bookmarks
Step 3 ) The Images tab allows you to upload and insert images anywhere in your newsletter. Once you are viewing the Images tab you will see all the current images added to the newsletter if there are any. You will also see the Add Images button. In the following image you can see the default image added to the default newsletter created when you first install the plugin.
Once you click on Add Images button as pointed out above, you will have the following options.
- Upload = this allows you to upload new images not yet found in your website.
- Newsletter Images = this displays all the images currently added to your newsletters and previous newsletters. As long as you have not deleted the images.
- WordPress Posts’ Images = this will display all the images currently added to all your WordPress posts.
- You can also click on Select Files button to select your images.
- Please note that all websites have an image size limitation set up by the server administrators. Most usually have a 10 MB or 20 MB limitation.
Step 4 ) The Styles tab allows you to add some color and choose different fonts and sizes for your newsletter heading, background color and more. The following is a list of what you can edit in your newsletter.
- Heading 1
- Heading 2
- Heading 3
- Links = underline
- Header background
- Footer background
- “View in browser”
Step 5 ) The Themes tab allows you to select from a list of Free and Premium themes currently available. Most of the time the free themes will be more than enough. However if your design skills are not very good and the free themes are not what you are looking for, then I suggest that you pay for the Pro version. You will not be disappointed.
The following image illustrates the default theme selected when the plugin is installed for the first time. It also has the Add more themes button for you to click and choose from the Free and Premium themes available. There is a huge list, I am sure you will find a theme suited for your newsletter.
Add more themes
Once you click on Add more themes button as pointed out above, you will see a list of themes and the following options.
- Upload Theme (.zip) button = this allows you to upload the theme you have downloaded locally in a zip file. This also includes new themes you created using the following Guide.
- Guide link = this shows you how to design your own theme.
- Free and Premium list of themes available for you to use.
- In the following image I have displayed 4 themes for your interest. There are many more themes.
- If you move your mouse over a theme it allows you to download the theme in a zip file. You will also notice that each theme has a the following link underneath Details & PSD, This provides you detailed information about the theme.
You can see how much work has gone into the themes added to this plugin. You have many choices to make and a lot of flexibility to customizes your newsletter.
Click on the following URL Troubleshooting to continue with the next tutorial.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.
Go Back To MailPoet Tutorial List.