WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin allows you to display galleries from the following WP, Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, 500px, Zenfolio and more.
Important: Picasa is no longer supported by Google. You can read more about it in the following URL Picasa web.
Last Updated: February 12, 2019
Latest Update: I have updated the changelog and the documentation.
Photonic is a very powerful plugin that takes WordPress gallery to an all new lever by adding a lot of functionality. You can also set up authentication so that visitors can see private and protected photos from each provider in the list mentioned below.
The good news is that Photonic is also compatible with Gutenberg editor. Below is a list of all the different social services it supports. This makes Photonic a unique photo gallery and slideshow plugin.
Photonic Works With The Following
- WP Gallery
- Google Photos
Note: These are simple and easy to follow tutorials to help you understand and set up Photonic. However you still need to test your settings before you publish your website or blog.
Photonic 2.19 Changelog
- Picasa is now deprecated, so support for it in the plugin has been removed
- Added support for the Gutenberg block “wide-alignment” and “full-width” options
- Added a
- The block-builder also shows the equivalent shortcode at the bottom for users who are facing Gutenberg conflicts or want to use a shortcode
main_sizeoption was being ignored for the native galleries in favour of
- Escaped all translated strings appropriately
- The more button was not showing up on some OS configurations due to EOL character mismatches
- Performance tracing was causing native WP galleries to not show up
- Removed option to link photos for Google as all access is for private photos – “View” link is always erroneous
- and more
WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin
What You Need:
- Suffusion Theme (Optional = I added this theme because it is developed by Sayontan Sinha. Both plugin and theme work flawlessly together.)
- Generic Options
- Popup Panel
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Using Photonic
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Text Widget
- Photonic Slideshow Display
- Add Picasa Photos Using Photonic Plugin WordPress (Note: I will be updaing this plugin. Picasa is no longer supported)
- Display Picasa Private Photos Using Photonic (Note: I will be updaing this plugin. Picasa is no longer supported)
I will keep updating the tutorials to to include any changes or updates added by Sayontan Sinha the developer.
If you have any questions, requests or suggestions please send me a message via the contact form.
Links You Might Be Interested: