Recommendation Tools For Windows post, is a list of tools and software I recommend to run a safe, secure and troubleshoot a Windows environment.
Last Updated: October 23, 2018
Latest Update: I have removed a broken link..
Below you will find a list of tools and utilities I have used and tested on computers running Windows 2000, XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Note: Some of these tools also work in other environments i.e Mac and Linux.
Important: Back up all your computer data to an external hard disk or a different partition in your hard disk before you use any partitioning tool.
Recommendation Tools For Windows
- Comodo Internet Security for anti virus, firewall and secure my system
- AVG is the antivirus tool that I am using with my windows 7
- Spybot search and Destroy to clean and control adware, malware and spyware
- Virus Total VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, Trojans, and all kinds of malware
- Malwarebytes This is one of the most powerful malware removal tools and more I have used before There is a free version for home user and they also have a premium version. They also supply a few more free tools for home users or technicians you can download to help you keep your computer/ laptop clean. AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool.
- AOMEI Backupper Standard, an easy yet powerful backup software.
- Easeus I am using with windows 7. A very good tool to create a hard disk image.
- Ccleaner To clean all the rubbish and maintain a healthy registry
Cloning And Partitioning
- AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, a feature-rich partition manager.
- Partedmagic This set of tools are used for editing partitions and troubleshooting other issues that might arise in windows or linux
- Ubcd I use to test and troubleshoot issues with windows and linux. If you want to download the latest version then click on the following forums link http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/.
- Defraggler to defrag the hard disk
- Free PDF Printer: The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application. This program is FREEWARE with limitations, which means that there is a FREE version for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertising or popups. For commercial applications with more than 10 users there are commercial versions available with advanced features. “Quoted from the website – all credits goes to BullZip.com”
- Advanced SystemCare: is a wonderful tool to have and it is free with many utilities added to this system care package.
DVD, Music, YouTube Tools
- DvdVideoSoft: DVDVideoSoft is an independent developer of multimedia software programs for video, audio, photo and image processing. The company offers 40+ safe, reliable and functional applications to download videos from YouTube and convert to mp3, upload to YouTube and Facebook, edit and convert audio and video files between different formats, burn CD, DVD discs, create DVDs, convert DVDs to video files, convert and resize images, record screen activities and make screenshots, convert video to playback on different devices, make 3D pictures and videos.
Software Management Site
- Filehippo to monitor some of my tools
Laptop Repairs And Information
- LaptopInventory: This website will teach you and help you with many of your laptop issues. It also sells parts for nearly all the laptop in the market. LaptopInventory has thousands of Laptop parts and millions of Replacement notebook parts in stock ready to ship.
- Thunderbird Thunderbird is an e-mail client that I have used in the past.
The following links takes you to 2 very useful sites to help you troubleshoot and add plugins for Thunderbird.
- Kaosmos – This site has many plugins that help you improve Thunderbird
- Thunderbird Forum – This forum will help you troubleshooting Thunderbird
Portable Apps/ Tools Websites
If you want some usb tools, have a look at these two sites. I have been using them for quite some time now. All the tools, utilities, games, security and much more that you require to troubleshoot, repair and have fun in windows can be found on the the following sites
If you need any help with the list above, just drop a line and I will be glad to help you.
Return Back To: