WP Super Cache Plugin Settings shows you how to enable and clear your cache settings and use other plugins and links to help improve your sites speed.
Last Updated: June 20, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
There are many cache plugins in WordPress repository. WP Super Cache is one of the most popular cache plugins. It is easy to setup and use. It has many good reviews and it is up to date with the latest WordPress version.
The following tutorial talks about enabling the plugin, clearing the cache pages, using other plugins and online services.
WP Super Cache 1.6.2 Changelog
- Fixed serving expired supercache files (#562)
- Write directly to the config file to avoid permission problems with wp-content. (#563)
- Correctly set the .htaccess rules on the main site of a multisite. (#557)
- Check if set_transient() exists before using it. (#565)
- Removed searchengine.php example plugin as it sets a cookie to track users. Still available here. (#567)
- For advanced users only. Change the vary and cache control headers. See https://github.com/Automattic/wp-super-cache/pull/555 (#555)
What You Need:
WP Super Cache Tutorials:
WP Super Cache Plugin Settings
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> WP Super Cache to start setting the plugins. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image displays all the different tabs available for you to manage and setup in WP Super Cache plugin.
Easy Tab Settings
Step 3 ) The following image Easy tab admin settings allows you to carry out the following actions.
- Caching On (Recommended)
- Caching Off
- Click on Update Status button.
Delete Cached Pages
- Click on Delete Cache button to delete all cached pages currently created in the plugin.
- Compute the cache size
Step 3-a ) Once you enable easy cache in your site, you need to run a test by clicking on Test Cache button. The following image displays the results of a test run performed in a site. The test results are OK. This tells you that it is okay to go ahead and configure the plugin.
Note: This is very important to carry out once you enable the plugin. This will let you know if there are issues or not. Make sure you read the note about cloudflare and other front-end proxy service.
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to select more options to speed up your site. You can also cache the images in your site using a CDN service.
More Site Speed Tools
- Use the Debug tab for diagnostics.
- Check out the support forum and FAQ.
- Visit the plugin home page.
- Try out the development version for the latest fixes (changelog).
You can also rate the plugin via the following link rate us.
Recommended Links and Plugins
Step 5 ) The following image Recommended Links and Plugins provides information about other plugins and services that can also help you improve your sites speed.
Recommended Links and Plugins
- Yahoo! Yslow
- Use Google Libraries
- Advanced users only: Install an object cache. Choose from Memcached, XCache, eAcccelerator and others.
- Cron View
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.