WordPress Speed Booster Pack Plugin post will help you improve the speed, performance of your website and reduce the usage of resources in your server.
Last Updated: May 8, 2017
If you want to improve the speed, loading and resource usage in your website then this is the plugin for you. It is very simple to set up and at the same time very powerful. That is why I recommend that you create a backup before you begin setting up the plugin. Also it is very important that you read the documentation before you begin.
Speed Booster Pack version 3.1 Changelog
What you need:
- Speed Booster Pack
- Speed Booter Pack Documentation = (Importatnt: Please read this documentation before you enable any of the options in the plugin.)
- (Optional) The following URL WordPress Plugins Compatibility is a list of plugins I recommend.
Speed Booster Pack Tutorials
- Speed Booster Pack Plugin
- Optimize Site Steps
WordPress Speed Booster Pack Plugin Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> Speed Booster Pack to set up and start improving your website speed and performance. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image displays the plugin admin settings page. These are the following features you can enable and configure to improve your website speed.
- General Options
- Change the default image compression level
- Still need more speed?
Home Page Load Stats
Step 3 ) The following image Home Page Load Stats displays your current site statistics. This is what you will be working with. These numbers will change once you start enabling and configuring the plugin. The following statistics displayed in the image for this example are letting you know the following.
- The current page loading time in seconds is 0.39 s, which is very fast.
- The number of executed queries is 29 q. This is also very good.
- Peak memory used is 22,33 / 256M. This means that your site is not using much memory and therefore it is loading very fast. It also lets you know that you have plenty of memory “resources” available in your website.
- Number of active plugins 1. This is great although in the real world you would have more plugins active. This is probably why in this example the memory used is very little.
Step 4 ) The following image General Options allows you to enable the following options.
Main plugin options
- Move scripts to the footer
- Load JS from Google Libraries
- Remove query strings
- Remove extra Font Awesome styles
Remove junk header tags
- Remove RSD Link
- Remove WordPress Shortlink
- Remove Adjacent Posts Links
- Remove Windows Manifest
- Remove the WordPress Version
Step 5 ) The following options have been added again in version 3.1 as per users request.
- Exclude scripts from being moved to the footer
- Exclude scripts from being deferred
Note: Controlling scripts is a very tricky action. So make test thoroughly before implementing this option. You should read the following detail documentation before you start managing the scripts.
Step 6 ) The following image Change the default image compression level allows you to adjust the compression level of the images you upload. By default WordPress is set up to 90 compression level. The instructions for this settings recommends that you set it up between 50 and 75.
Note: You might like to visit the following URL WordPress Optimize Images Plugins. This list of plugins will help you optimize the images already uploaded in your website before installing Speed Booster Pack.
Still need more speed?
Step 7 ) The following image Still need more speed? allows you to enable the following option.
- Load CSS asynchronously
Step 7-a ) The following image displays extra options once you enable Load CSS asynchronously. This gives you more options to further improve your website speed.
More Speed Extra Options
- Load CSS asynchronously
- Minify all CSS styles
- Insert all CSS styles inline to the footer
- Disable all above CSS options on mobile devices
- CSS handle = this will display all the css handle the plugin has detected in your site. There might be some css files that have not been picked up.
(Quoted in the plugin)
Note: If you enable the following option Insert all CSS styles inline to the footer, this option will eliminate render-blocking CSS warning in Google Page Speed test. If there is something broken after activation, you need to disable this option. Please note that before enabling this sensitive option, it is strongly recommended that you also enable the “Move scripts to the footer” option mentioned in Step 4 ) above.
That is all you need to do to configure this very powerful plugin. Remember to make sure you carry out some testing before you enable some or all of the options and you save the settings.
Note: In most cases you will not be able to enable all of the options.
Click on the following URL WordPress Speed Booster Pack Optimize Site Steps to learn more.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time. Make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.