WordPress Simple Membership Settings shows you how to create a membership level and change the plugin general settings.
Last Updated: February 1, 2018
Latest News: I have added more information about enabling sandbox option.
This is a very simple membership plugin to configure. There are a few settings to set up under the General Settings tab. These settings including membership URLs, enable free membership sign up, send e-mails to admin, hide adminbar and enable Debug Mode and much more.
WordPress Simple Membership Settings Steps
Step 1 ) Go to WP Membership -> Settings to start activating the plugin general settings. See image below.
- Membership Levels
Step 2 ) Go to WP Membership -> Settings -> General Settings to set up the following options. See image below.
- Enable Free Membership Level
- Free Membership Level ID
Step 3 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable More Tag Protection
- Hide Adminbar
- Show Adminbar to Admin
- Disable Access to WP Dashboard
- Default Account status
- Members Must be Logged in to Comment
Step 3-a ) The following image Default Account Status allows you to set up the default accounts status when members register for the first time.
- Pending = Note: Setting the account to Pending allows you to manually approve the members. Check the following URL manually-approve-members-membership-site to learn more.
Step 4 ) The following image Pages Settings allows you to set up the plugins default pages created when the plugin was installed for the first time. If you decide to create your own pages make sure you enter the correct pages URL here. You also need to add the correct shortcode to any page you decide to create.
- Login Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_login_form]
- Registration Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_registration_form]
- Join Us Page URL = This page simply advertises your memebership website. In this page you can add any information, publicity, membership levels and more.
- Edit Profile Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_profile_form]
- Password Reset Page URL = The shortcode for this page is [swpm_reset_form]
Debug Mode And Sandbox Settings
Step 5 ) The following image Test & Debug Settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Enable Debug
- Enable Sandbox Testing = The following message will be displayed at the top of your admin plugin settings page when you enable this feature.
Message: You have the sandbox payment mode enabled in plugin settings. Make sure to turn off the sandbox mode when you want to do live transactions.
Click on the following URL Payments to continue with the settings.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Simple Membership Plugin Tutorial List: