WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin by Tips and Tricks HQ helps you to control and monitor all your downloads from your website.
Last Updated: September 24, 2017
Latest News: I have added another link to the menu.
If you are thinking about adding download files to your website or blog then this is the plugin for you. It is simple to setup and great to manage and monitor all your downloads. Most important it is Free.
Simple Download Monitor 3.4.8 Changelog
- Fixed an issue with the shortcode inserter interface showing the last 5 items only.
- The “show_size” shortcode parameter will work correctly with the fancy template now.
What you need:
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin Tutorials
- [sdm_download_categories_list ] = This shortcode will list all available categories in your site. (Added in version 3.3.4)
- [sdm_search_form ] = This shortcode displays a search form for searching SDM downloads only. (Added in version 3.4.2)
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Downloads on the admin menu to set up and view the following options. See image below.
Downloads Admin Menu
- Add New
- Stats (Added in version 3.4.4)
Step 2 ) Go to Downloads -> Downloads to see all your downloads. You can sort your downloads by the following fields.
- Date Posted
Step 3 ) Go to Downloads -> Add New to create a new download. This is very similar to adding a new Page or Post. Click on the following URL Create New File to learn more.
Step 4 ) Go to Downloads -> Categories to create new categories for your download files. This is similar to adding new categories for posts.
Step 5 ) Go to Downloads -> Tags to create new tags for your download files. This is similar to adding new tags for posts.
Step 6 ) Go to Downloads -> Logs to control and view the logs. See image below.
- Reset Log Entries (This was added in version 3.1.6)
Step 7 ) Go to Downloads -> Stats to view the statistics for all the downloads in your site. See image below.
Choose Date Range
- This Month
- Last Month
- This Year
- Last Year
- All Time
View Stats By
That is all you need to do to add and monitor your download files.
Click on the following URL Settings to adjust the settings.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time. Make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.