WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin by Tips and Tricks HQ helps you to control and monitor all your downloads from your website.
Last Updated: June 20, 2018
Latest News: I added another addon to the documentation.
If you are thinking about adding download files to your website or blog then this is the plugin for you. It is simple to setup and great to manage and monitor all your downloads. Most important it is Free.
Simple Download Monitor 3.6.4 Changelog
- Switched the column location of “Title” and “Image” in the downloads admin interface. This helps with the downloads admin interface working better in all devices.
- Fixed a CSS class name in the “Image” column.
- French langauge file updated.
To Do List:
- Nothing at the present.
What you need:
Premium Addons: (Optional)
- Squeeze Form Addon (Email Lock)
- Amazon S3 Integration
- Hidden/Private Downloads Addon
- Allow Other File Types to be Uploaded
- Email Notification on Download Addon
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Tutorials
- [sdm_download_categories_list ] = This shortcode will list all available categories in your site.
- [sdm_search_form ] = This shortcode displays a search form for searching SDM downloads only
- [sdm_show_download_info id=”123″ download_info=”file_size” ] = This shortcode will display the file size for a download item.
- [sdm_show_download_info id=”123″ download_info=”file_version” ] = This shortcode shows the file version for the download item.
WordPress Simple Download Monitor Plugin Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Downloads on the admin menu to set up and view the following options. See image below.
Downloads Admin Menu
- Add New
Step 2 ) Go to Downloads -> Downloads to see all your downloads. You can sort your downloads by the following fields.
- Date Posted
Step 3 ) Go to Downloads -> Add New to create a new download. This is very similar to adding a new Page or Post. Click on the following URL Create New File to learn more.
Step 4 ) Go to Downloads -> Categories to create new categories for your download files. This is similar to adding new categories for posts.
Step 5 ) Go to Downloads -> Tags to create new tags for your download files. This is similar to adding new tags for posts.
Step 6 ) Go to Downloads -> Logs to control and view the logs. See image below.
- Export Log Entries to CSV File
- Reset Log Entries
Step 7 ) Go to Downloads -> Stats to view the statistics for all the downloads in your site. See image below.
Choose Date Range
- This Month
- Last Month
- This Year
- Last Year
- All Time
- Once you have selected the viewing method click on View Stats button.
Different Download Viewing Tabs
- Downloads by date
- Downloads by country
That is all you need to do to add and monitor your download files.
Click on the following URL Settings to adjust the settings.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time. Make sure you come back for the latest updates.
If you have any questions please let me know.