Photonic Generic Options shows you how to configure the plugin, change the settings and add custom non bundle ligthbox libraries options.
Last Updated: February 14, 2017
This post will help set up the generic settings for the plugin to function. These settings control the overall WP Gallery display if you choose this plugin to display your images in your website.
Note: These are simple and easy to follow steps, however you still need to test before you publish your website or blog.
Latest News: I have removed the menu structure and added a link to the main page.
Photonic Generic Options Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Photonic -> Settings -> Generic Options -> Generic settings to start adjusting the settings. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following Generic settings allows you to set up the following options.
- Create a Custom Shortcode
Inbuilt Lightbox libraries
- Image Lightbox (Added in version 1.59)
- Lightcase (Added in version 1.60)
- Lightgallery (Added in version 1.6.2)
- Swipebox (Added in version 1.50)
- Non-bundled (You have to provide the JS and CSS links)
Non-bundled Lightbox libraries
Step 3 ) The following are also other settings you can configure.
- Non-bundled Lightbox JS
- Custom Lightbox CSS
- Photonic Lightbox for non-Photonic Images (Added in version 1.53)
- Disable shortcode editing in Visual Editor (Added in version 1.63)
- Nested Shortcodes in parameters
- External Link Handling
Default Gallery Type
Step 4 ) The following allows you to set up a Default Gallery Type.
Default Gallery Type
- WordPress Galleries
Step 5 ) The following option Custom CSS in its own file when enabled allows Photonic to generate a CSS file so that it can be cached to improve the speed of your site. (Added in version 1.52)
Step 6 ) The following option Deep Linking If enabled, Photonic will generate a unique URL when photo’s thumbnail is clicked. You have three options to choose from. (Added in version 1.58)
- No deeplinking
- Enable deeplinking, but don’t add links for clicked images to browser history
- Enable deeplinking, and add links for clicked images to browser history
Step 7 ) The following Social media integration was added to compliment deep linking. You have the following option. (Added in version 1.58)
- If deep linking is enabled, Photonic shows social media buttons on the lightbox to facilitate sharing. Select this option to disable social sharing.
Click on the following URL Photonic Generic Options Layouts.
This tutorial will be updated from time to time in accordance to any new changes made by Sayontan Sinha the developer.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Go Back To Photonic Plugin Tutorial List: