Hyper Cache General Settings shows you how to configure your cache settings, disable translation, set up wp-config, enable compression and more.
Last Updated: March 11, 2016
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
Hyper Cache 3.2.6 Changelog
- Fixed the cache invalidation for bbPress new topic
What You Need:
Hyper Cache Tutorials:
Hyper Cache General Settings Steps
Step 1 ) Go to Settings -> Hyper Cache to start setting the plugins. See image below.
Step 2 ) The following image Hyper Cache is displayed if this is the first time you install the plugin and the following features are missing from the wp-config.php file.
You must add the following define(‘Wp_Cache’, true); after define(‘WPLANG’, ”); )
You might also see a message (You must save the options since some files must be updated). This message will appear if you have made changes or you have updated the plugin.
Important: Every time there is a new version you must click on Save button located at the bottom of the General tab for the latest update to be implemented.
Step 3 ) The following image illustrates the warning message letting you that you need to Save the settings.
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to read a quick usage guide before you begin setting up the plugin.
- Clean the whole cache
- Clean home and archives
- Compute the cache size
- Import old options
Step 5 ) Go to Settings -> Hyper Cache -> General tab to set up the following options. See image below.
- Disable translations
- Cached pages will be valid for
- Enable compression
- Enable on-the-fly compression (Added in version 3.2.2)
- When the home is refreshed, refresh even the
- When a post receives a comment = clean archives (categories, tags, …, but not the home) and or clean the home (This was added in version 3.1.3)
- When a post is edited = clean archives (categories, tags, …, but not the home) and or clean the home (This was added in version 3.1.3)
- Cache folder
- Next autoclean will run in
- Click on Save button when you finish setting
Step 6 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
- Next autoclean will run in (This was added in version 3.0.3)
- Allow browser caching = set the time in hours (This was added in version 3.0.2)
- HTTPS = you have three options…….Bypass the cache, Cache separately or Use the standard cache ( I have HTTP/HTTPS aware pages) (This was added in version 3.1.0)
- Click on Save button
Step 7 ) The following image allows you to select from the following options.
- Use readfile() (This was added in version 3.1.3)
- Serve expired pages to bots (This was added in version 3.1.3)
- Click on Save button
Click on the following URL Bypasses Settings.
I will be updating this tutorial from time to time so keep coming back for the latest. If you have any questions please let me know.