First Time Blogging SEO covers information about SEO. It is very important for your blog or website to have an online ranking and people to find your site.
Last Updated: September 22, 2017
Latest News: I have added another link to the list below.
Photo by woodsy from Rgbstock website.
First Time Blogging SEO Steps
A few of the questions many business owners ask and first time bloggers is.
- How do I promote my website?
- How do I make my website rank 1st?
- How do I make my website, blog post or pages appear on the first page in Google, Bing and Yahoo?
How are you going to promote your website to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo? Do you have a Google or Bing account? If not, then I suggest that you create one for each Search Engine.
One of the most important part of promoting your website is with one of the most important search engines in the world, “Google”. Although you cannot discard Bing and or other search engines out in the internet. However if you set it up correctly with Google that will be a step in the right direction.
You want to know what goes on in cyber space, another words what happens while you are asleep with your website. Google and Bing have some incredible FREE tools that will help and get you on the right track. These tools are free when you sign up with these Search Engines. The following are just a few of the many tools you will have access to in Google: Webmaster tools, Analytics, Google places, Profile, YouTube, Calendar and Feedburner. Bing uses some similar tools and other tools that are very handy to use. That is why I suggest that you sign up to both search engines and learn to use their tools to your advantage.
Some of the options you need to focus on when you start adding blog posts and pages.
- What meta tag and meta description are you going to add to your posts?
- What keywords are you going to add?
- What percentage of the keywords are you going to add to each post?
- Are you going to add images? When you add images how will you name the image?
- You need to add a sitemap.xml file to your website so that it will be monitored by search engines, plus it will include all your links, web pages and what ever you decide to add in accordance with the sitemap rules. One easy way to do this is by using a great plugin Google xml sitemaps mentioned in WordPress SEO Plugins. There is also two great SEO plugins that have sitemap.xml capabilities, WordPress SEO by Yoast and The SEO Framework by Sybre Waaijer.
- You should also add an internal sitemap to help those who visit your site navigate with much ease.
The above list is just a small list but a very effective list that can either help you or penalize you if you don’t set it up correctly from the beginning.
Before you read any further you might like to read this great article 5 crazy SEO mistakes not to make in WordPress.
SEO Related Links
- How to Install and Setup WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast written by wpbeginner.com. This is a very thorough tutorial that will guide you and help you set up this great SEO plugin.
- You might like to read the following How To Fix Violating Google Quality Guidelines to learn more about how important it is to perform well on SEO and respect Google’s policies.
- Here is a link to google seo information that will put you on the right track.
- Site SEO Analysis is a website dedicated to providing free search engine optimization (SEO) reviews of web pages and entire websites.
- Internet Marketing Ninjas is an Internet Marketing Services and Tools established since 1999. It has many tools, too many to mention. Try this absolutely important website and you will know what I mean. I would add this to your SEO arsenal set of tools.
- How to follow the Google webmaster guidelines. This website is very impressive which has some nifty tools to help you keep within Google Guidelines.
- The following URL Seven questions to ask SEO agency, provides a list of questions you might want to ask SEO agencies before signing up.
Free SEO And Other Online Tools
- Gooble Mobile Friendly Tool This test will analyze a URL and report if the page has a mobile-friendly design. (Website Quote)
- Microsoft Edge Site Scan Run a quick code scan on any URL to check for out-of-date libraries, layout issues, and accessibility (Website Quote)
- W3C CSS Validator This tool will help you validate the CSS of a webpage.
- W3 HTML Validator This tool will help you validate the HTML of a webpage.
- Zippy Keyword Density Check the density for any keyword in the webpage.
- Moz Tools For Link Building These free moz tools will analyze your website or webpage links and help you improve your link building technique.
Click on the following URL Security to continue with the setup.
You can also check my WordPress setup tutorials. I am constantly adding new ones.
If you have any questions please let me know. I will be updating this post from time to time so keep coming back for the latest.
First Time Blogging Using WordPress List: